Trainee Pension Administrator
Location: Croydon, United Kingdom
Company: MercerJob ID R_041571-en Apply
We are currently recruiting for a Trainee Pension Administrator in our Croydon office to work as part of a team providing an accurate, reliable and high standard of pension administration service for Members, Trustees and Clients.
Why you will love this role?
You’re an excellent communicator who can build relationships and work well as part of a busy team. As a Trainee Pension Administrator, you’re also keen to develop your analytical and professional skills within a truly world class environment – one that recognises your ability, rewards your initiative and encourages you to reach your full potential in the rapidly changing pensions industry.
And that’s why you’ll fit in perfectly at Mercer!
Pensions Administration is at the very core of our business, managing our clients’ pension schemes. We focus on understanding and managing member expectations and ensuring that they receive the information they need, when they expect it and in a suitable format, enabling them to make informed decisions on their benefits.
In this role you will be:
- Ensuring that all procedures are followed when undertaking work for Members, Trustees and Clients across member and scheme processing
- Ensuring errors and omissions and complaints are handled in accordance with agreed procedures and within appropriate timescales, through liaison with Administration Service Manager
- Escalating to Administration Service Manager any opportunities/ideas for change
- Flexible and adaptable to the work demands as advised by Administration Service Manager (or Administration Service Representative)
- Learning how to perform pensions calculations, enter pensions data and answer enquiries to the required standard using automated and non-automated manual/system processes across a wide range of member or scheme events
- Continuous achievement of 95% Service Levels for member processing and completion of scheme event processing in line with timescales agreed with the clients at the required level of quality
- Accurately recording own time spent, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Ability to self develop
- Numerate - you will be required to carry out pension calculations
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to follow processes
- Ability to plan and organise own workload
- Time Management skills
- Educated to GSCE level or equivalent.Including Mathematics and English Language grade C and above
- Working towards the PMI qualifications (or equivalent) would be highly desirable but not essential
About the company:
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer