Commercial Claims Examiner II
Location: Broomfield, Colorado, United States
Secondary Locations: Denver,Colorado,United States;
Company: MarshJob ID R_046757-en Apply
The Claims Examiner II adjusts property and catastrophe claims as well as provides a full range of claims support and customer service for all of Boulder Claim’s operations. The Claims Examiner II will work closely with the Claims Manager, Claims Assistant, Large Loss Specialist and Independent Adjusters to ensure smooth transition of claims files through the workflow process.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily.
- Provides a full range claims adjustment duties. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Evaluate estimates and inspections.
- Apply coverages on Boulder Claims’ losses.
- Review and analyze reports from independents, experts and vendors.
- Prepare for negotiation or settlement of assigned claims.
- Prepare claim payments within established authority.
- Works within operating systems, policies and procedures that achieve the directives of the strategic plans of the business unit and company.
- Negotiates with insureds, public adjusters, attorneys, and other parties representing ICAT insureds.
- Prepares reports on assigned claims.
- Provides feedback on claims procedures and processes.
- Participate in ICAT underwriting quality and claims reviews.
- Participate in Boulder Claims’ Large Loss meetings as needed.
- Where appropriate, attend internal and external training and seminars.
- Where appropriate, perform claim closings and re-openings on files.
- Support project manager including, preparation of documents, and follow-up on timelines and deliverables.
- Attend project meetings and prepare meeting minutes and action items.
- Participate on cross-functional teams.
- Maintain knowledge of and support ICAT’s company values and strategic plan.
- Sit or stand and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach.
- Work is generally scheduled Monday through Friday with some evening, weekend and holiday hours.
- Perform general office administrative activities, including copying, filing and using the phone.
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in insurance, business or related field or equivalent experience.
- Three to five years commercial property and/or catastrophe claims examination processing experience or related insurance experience.
- Adjusters License for a minimum of Texas and Florida. Able to obtain reciprocal licensing where required for the business and approved by the state.
Founded in 1998 and based in Broomfield, Colorado, ICAT is a leading provider of property insurance protection to homeowners and businesses located in hurricane- and earthquake-exposed regions of the United States. ICAT draws from highly specialized underwriting expertise and advanced technology tools to offer brokers and their clients market-leading catastrophe coverage. Along with its subsidiary, Boulder Claims, ICAT’s inherent promise to policyholders is to assist people and businesses as they recover from disasters. ICAT programs currently protect over 85,000 homeowners and business owners in catastrophe-exposed regions of the US.