Renewal Underwriter - ICAT
Location: Broomfield, Colorado, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_051097-en Apply
Renewal Underwriter – ICAT
ICAT has an exciting opportunity to join the Underwriting team at our beautiful Broomfield, CO offices. Learn more about ICAT on our website at www.icat.com.
Founded in 1998 and based in Broomfield, Colorado, ICAT is a leading provider of property insurance protection to homeowners and businesses located in hurricane- and earthquake-exposed regions of the United States. ICAT draws from highly specialized underwriting expertise and advanced technology tools to offer brokers and their clients market-leading catastrophe coverage. Along with its subsidiary, Boulder Claims, ICAT’s inherent promise to policyholders is to assist people and businesses as they recover from disasters. ICAT programs currently protect over 85,000 homeowners and business owners in catastrophe-exposed regions of the US.
This role develops and retains business based on strong producer relationships for the Middle Market business unit. The primary accountability of the Renewal Underwriter is to provide renewal quoting production and meet renewal retention goals. In addition to quoting renewals, the Renewal Underwriter is also responsible for management of new business inspection reviews, inspection actions, new business development and quoting support for assigned offices, and will be expected to spend time in the market with the assigned Underwriter or Relationship Manager.
- Accountable for production goals of assigned Tier 2 offices including renewal retention rates, new business submission counts, and cancellation rates.
- Demonstrates ability to exercise independent judgement, think critically and creatively solve problems.
- Develops and maintains strong producer relationships.
- Educates producers and agency personnel about ICAT’s products and service.
- Manages new business inspection reviews and follow up actions for assigned offices.
- Provides account maintenance with emphasis on complex or time sensitive transactions to ensure best in class service for customers.
- Seeks creative solutions and delivers on commitments to meet producer needs.
- Provides support for underwriting and pricing new business accounts for assigned Underwriter.
- Understands insurance industry and regional market dynamics, competitors and product differences.
- Supports new business initiatives and production opportunities.
- Demonstrates understanding of technical underwriting principles, guidelines, forms and risk underwriting characteristics.
- Understands the functionality of all underwriting systems (automated and manual) and utilizes these systems effectively.
- Utilizes policy form structure, products and coverage's effectively.
- Works under the general supervision of the Supervisor, Underwriting Operations and receives direction from assigned underwriter.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in progressive underwriting support experience within commercial property and/or personal lines insurance or financial services industries.
License or Designations
- CPCU, CIC, AU or AINS preferred.
- BA degree in insurance, business or related field preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Strong customer service, critical thinking and business acumen.
Physical Work Demands
Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 pounds occasionally.
This opportunity is with ICAT which is a division of Marsh. Learn more at www.icat.com.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).