Rewards Compensation Associate
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Company: MercerJob ID R_054867-en Apply
Are you looking for challenging, meaningful work in an environment where you can learn, grow and advance? Do you want to diagnose complex rewards issues and design compensation solutions that support clients’ success? As a Rewards Compensation Associate, you’ll interact with a broad range of people including external clients, internal professionals and our world class consulting team. You will apply your accomplished understanding of Financials, Intellectual Capital Development and Sales to contribute to our client’s success.
To fulfill this role, the Associate will:
- Assist senior consultants and project managers with to provide consulting services to human resources professionals, senior management teams and boards of directors on a variety of remuneration issues including compensation competitiveness compensation benchmarking, base salary structure and incentive program design, job leveling methodologies and career framework development, and pay equity compliance analysis.
- Perform data analyses using advanced dynamic Excel modeling, develop summary exhibits and interpret the results for project manager review.
- Apply research skills to understand financial performance, talent management trends, pay practices and policies, company news, industry and competitor trends, etc., for a particular client and within the broader marketplace.
- Structure and draft client presentations/reports and work closely with project manager to finalize client deliverables which typically require a high level of customization.
- Serve as a day-to-day client contact for project area including data requests and data management.
- Participate in meetings with clients, including fact-finding interviews and presentations.
- Manage smaller projects and work streams of larger client projects by providing guidance to analysts and ensuring timely delivery and achievement of project objectives.
Our ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- Three or more years of related experience in compensation, finance, consulting, or human resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline with significant course work in finance, statistics, mathematics, HR, or accounting.
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, attention to detail, and a strong background in Excel.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal, problem solving, organizational, and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and in teams to juggle simultaneous priorities, demands and projects.
- Ability to juggle simultaneous priorities and demands.
- Flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to work under tight timelines and changing client needs.
- MBA, CPP, CHRP, or equivalent designation would be a strong asset.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC). Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.