Data Analyst II
Location: Richmond, Virginia, United States
Secondary Locations: Alexandria,Virginia,United States;Atlanta,Georgia,United States;Raleigh,North Carolina,United States;
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_060577-en Apply
Data Analyst II
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle-market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
- Assists in the extraction, aggregation and quality assurance of data from multiple sources in support of performing client reporting, operational reporting and quantitative analyses of utilization and health costs.
- Supports the development and execution of analytical and/or research activities to provide senior client leadership and account executives with information and tools for strategic decision making and planning, health care utilization and costs, affordability opportunities, reimbursement projects and issues, population health and clinical outcomes, provider patterns and variations, trends and forecasting, data and informatics needs, emerging technologies.
- Research, identify, & implement new approaches and methods to facilitate medical cost management, benefit design, alternative pricing strategies and benchmarks.
- Provide best-in-class reporting and analytics to demonstrate the value of PATH’s products and services. Drive the continual development of “best practice” client consulting and analytics tools.
- Provide employer clients with reporting, analytics, and consultation that are relevant and actionable.
- Ensure consistency of approach related to analysis techniques, key findings, and the developments of client recommendations/opportunities.
- Develop and prepare employer population health and medical cost scorecards & dashboards showing high level results and trends.
- Collaborate with IT and business units to advance the company’s reporting capabilities and improve accuracy of data.
- Maintain relationships with and provide reporting & analytical support to business units and support cross-functional projects.
- Determine opportunities and identify solutions to improve capabilities and efficiency of reporting.
- Participate in client discussions and effectively represent subject expertise
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to translate data into meaningful information in report or presentation formats
- Strong knowledge of population health and medical cost data reporting and analysis
- Ability to think strategically with appropriate level of detail analysis to plan and execute
- Ability to solve problems and drive issues or projects to conclusion
- Ability to work collaboratively across the organization
- Self-assured and results oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Customer oriented
- Strong knowledge of the dynamics of group health benefit design
- An executive presence with polished and well developed written and oral communication skills
- Ability to influence and collaborate with senior management and work across all levels of an organization
- Effective analytical and problem solving skills, sound judgment and decision making ability
- Experience with working with managed care enrollment and claims data
- 3-5 plus years in healthcare analytics/informatics and report development experience and/or 3-5 years experience with analytics in data warehouse environment
- Experience with a healthcare data warehouse (i.e. Artemis Health, Cotiviti, SCIO, Springbuk, etc.)
- Knowledgeable of data privacy standards and HIPAA requirements
- Expert knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and PowerPoint)