VA/NC/SC/GA, MMA Internship - Client Management
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Secondary Locations: Alexandria,Virginia,United States;Atlanta,Georgia,United States;Greensboro,North Carolina,United States;Charlotte,North Carolina,United States;Raleigh,North Carolina,United States;Richmond,Virginia,United States;
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_073319-en Apply
Client Management Intern
Opportunities in various locations including:
- Alexandria, VA
- Richmond, VA
- Greensboro, NC
- Raleigh, NC
- Greenville, SC
At Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA), we approach insurance in a different way…and that means a more interesting, exciting, relevant career for you. When you work with MMA, you’ll find real opportunities to make people and businesses safer, more secure, and more successful. That’s why working with MMA is a career that matters.
MMA’s intern program begins at the end of May and runs into the end of July. As an MMA intern, you will have the opportunity to work with a dedicated mentor. You will also build relationships not only in your local office, but with other interns across the region and country. Our program is unique in its offering exposure to all of MMA’s divisions and services including Employee Health & Benefits, Captive Programs, Risk Services, Consultative Claims, Surety, and Business Insurance.
Interns at MMA Mid-Atlantic will work through a structured program and have the opportunity to work under the direction of a mentor to gain a comprehensive overview of the risk management, insurance and environmental management industries in such areas as:
- MMA Mid-Atlantic’s divisions and services including employee benefits, captive programs, self-insured funds, risk services, consultative claims, surety, and property and casualty insurance.
- Build industry and product knowledge for an Account Servicing role
- Assist service teams with day-to-day responsibilities
- Understand the value proposition of client management
- Job shadow account managers, client executives and operations professionals
- Work with carriers, clients and sales (producers)
- Strong team player who displays resourcefulness to find solutions for our clients and agency
- Ability to work semi-autonomously in a fast paced environment
- Effective oral and written communication and relationship building skills essential.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills.
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate resourcefulness.
- Undergraduate completing their sophomore or junior year prior to the internship.
- Field of study is preferred to be risk management, insurance, finance or business administration
- Interns should have their own housing near the office location where they will be working.
- Some travel may be required.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.