VA/NC/SC, MMA Internship - Sales
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Secondary Locations: Alexandria,Virginia,United States;Greensboro,North Carolina,United States;Charlotte,North Carolina,United States;Raleigh,North Carolina,United States;Richmond,Virginia,United States;
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_073378-en Apply
Opportunities in various locations including:
- Alexandria, VA
- Richmond, VA
- Greensboro, NC
- Raleigh, NC
- Greenville, SC
At Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA), we approach insurance in a different way…and that means a more interesting, exciting, relevant career for you. When you work with MMA, you’ll find real opportunities to make people and businesses safer, more secure, and more successful. That’s why working with MMA is a career that matters.
MMA’s intern program begins at the end of May and runs into the end of July. As an MMA intern, you will have the opportunity to work with a dedicated mentor. You will also build relationships not only in your local office, but with other interns across the region and country. Our program is unique in its offering exposure to all of MMA’s divisions and services including Employee Health & Benefits, Captive Programs, Risk Services, Consultative Claims, Surety, and Business Insurance.
Interns at MMA Mid-Atlantic will work through a structured program and have the opportunity to work under the direction of a mentor to gain a comprehensive overview of the risk management, insurance and environmental management industries in such areas as:
- MMA Mid-Atlantic’s divisions and services including employee health & benefits, captive programs, self-insured funds, risk services, consultative claims, surety, and property and casualty insurance.
- Build industry and product knowledge for a Business Development or Associate Producer role.
- Assist with research and development of sales presentations
- Learn the qualities of a consultative brokerage
- Assist sales (producers) and service teams with day-to-day responsibilities
- Job shadow sales (producers)
- Results oriented with demonstrated skills in organizing resources and establishing priorities
- Ability to work semi-autonomously in a fast-paced environment
- Effective oral and written communication and relationship building skills essential.
- Must be a self-starter and demonstrate resourcefulness.
- Undergraduate completing their sophomore or junior year prior to the internship
- Field of study in a business-related field
- Involvement in a sales organization preferred (i.e. Pi Sigma Epsilon)
- Interns should have their own housing near the office location where they will be working
- Some travel may be required
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, career mobility, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.