Oliver Wyman - Associate - Energy - Amsterdam
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_062514-en Apply
ASSOCIATE - ENERGY
WHO WE ARE
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC]. For more information, visitwww.oliverwyman.com. Follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.
THE ENERGY PRACTICE
Oliver Wyman’s Amsterdam Office are looking to appoint consultants to support its continued expansion in the Energy industry, a strategic priority for the firm. Oliver Wyman’s Energy team helps companies address strategic and operational challenges through proven, results-oriented approaches across all sectors of the market. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a successful team. Consultants are given the opportunity for rapid professional growth, to participate in entrepreneurial work, and to share in the success of the team.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Experienced professionals bring us the know-how to make lasting change for our clients and our company. We are not typical ‘management’ consultants. We provide industry- and discipline-specific knowledge and expertise, which amplifies our impact and helps us shape the future for our clients. Oliver Wyman is a diverse, entrepreneurial, non-competitive partnership of individuals who like to pursue new opportunities or build a unique franchise doing what they do best in a collegial, fun environment.
ASSOCIATE break down complex problems into discrete tasks, identifying the key aspects of a problem and directing the focus of junior consultants to those elements. You will effectively plan and execute analysis as well as identify the core issues in complex analyses in order to be able to craft suitable recommendations. You’ll work side by side with clients and your project team members to move projects forward and manage small teams to get the work done. Clients and colleagues look to Associates for unique insight into the subject area which they have chosen
The role will focus on managing projects:
- One project at a time as an Associate
- Fully responsible for successful execution of the project
- Acting as the senior day-to-day ‘face of Oliver Wyman’ to the client to build and broaden relationships
- Leveraging Partners and the internal network effectively to provide industry expertise and senior-level steer to projects
- Managing Oliver Wyman and the broader client team to complete deliverables with the highest standard
- Maintaining energy and positive Work Life Balance of team
- Coaching Oliver Wyman and client team members to develop their skills
- Developing a selected number of content platforms and specialization
- Supporting business development and starting to establish an own set of client contacts
- Contributing to publications and development of world leading intellectual capital
YOUR ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
Clients hire Oliver Wyman for specialized expertise, the ideal candidate will have most of the following:
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience, ideally with a top-tier strategy consulting firm (or similar organization) in the Energy area.
- Deep insights into at least one Energy value chain segment such as Upstream, Refining, Trading/Midstream, Gas/LNG, Retail, Power.
- Experience in strategic topics within the Energy area such as: growth strategy formulation, product/services development, organizational design, post-merger integration, digital strategy definition and implementation, transaction support;
- Ideally also experience in operational issues including for example procurement, commodity trading, business processes optimization, post-deal transformation, PMO,
- Ability to understand and apply financial and economic rigor to strategic recommendations
- A strong background in strategic problem solving with demonstrable analytical skills.
- Outstanding written communication skills in PowerPoint, Word
- Outstanding oral communication skills; confidence in presenting to senior executives, both internally and among clients
- Fluent in English and Dutch
- An undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program.
- Willingness to travel.
- Know how to take the initiative, seeking out opportunities to learn new skills and put the ones you’ve already got to good use.
- Not just intelligence, but creativity too: you’ll be ready to come up with novel ideas to solve our clients’ biggest problems.
- Have an aptitude for analytical work, like sniffing out clues in massive data sets or hunting down the key issues in a hugely complex challenge.
- A willingness to work fluidly and respectfully with our incredibly talented team.
OUR VALUES & CULTURE
We’re serious about making OW a rewarding, progressive, enjoyable and balanced place to work.
- Self starters and free thinkers who work well in a team
We are individuals who are self starting, motivated, energetic, entrepreneurial about what we do
- Common aspiration, collective endeavour, shared success
We have the common aspiration to have an impact, leave a legacy and change the world. We have no interest in running a steady-state business. We want to build, grow and shape the environment around us
- Straightforward, open, respectful interaction
We value an environment where every member of Oliver Wyman is encouraged and expected to voice his or her opinion
- Opportunity without artificial barriers
We value merit and believe that to create a true meritocracy we need to remove artificial barriers to opportunity
- Balanced lives
We value people whose lives balance work and non-work activities because we believe they are both more interesting colleagues and are able to make better contributions to the Firm. We push ourselves hard to deliver excellence, but we also work to extract the maximum benefit from the flexibility of a project-based business. We provide the ability to take career breaks for personal or family reasons. We fundamentally value each other’s time, and are sensitive to how it is used. We are an output not input-based culture, have respect for people’s personal decisions, and believe that one's workload must be sustainable. We seek balance for ourselves and our colleagues.
HOW TO APPLY
If you like what you’ve read, we’d love to hear from you.
If you’d like to learn more about the firm during your application process, please visit www.oliverwyman.com/careers,
Oliver Wyman is an equal opportunity employer.
Our commitment to diversity is genuine, deep and growing. We’re not perfect yet, but we’re working hard right now to make our teams balanced, representative and diverse.