Location: Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_049983-en Apply
Client Advisor- Client Management
Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC, a subsidiary of Marsh Inc., the world’s leading insurance broker and risk advisor, was established in 2008 to meet the needs of mid-sized businesses in the U.S. The firm operates independently from Marsh to offer commercial property, casualty, personal lines and employee benefits to clients across the U.S.
Marsh Inc. has over 23,000 employees and provides advice and transactional capabilities to clients in over 100 countries. Marsh is a unit of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a global professional services firm with approximately 52,000 employees and annual revenue exceeding $10 billion. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wayman, the management consultancy. MMC’s stock (ticker symbol; MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago, and London stock exchanges and it website is www.mmc.com. Marsh’s website is www.marsh.com
The successful candidate will exemplify Marsh’s IGNITE Operating Principles, the behaviors that guide our conduct and growth- In Touch: Get out in front by being informed and being connected; Genuine: Be authentic with clients and each other; Nimble: Be flexible and move quickly to deliver quality results; Inclusive: Be open to diverse ideas, experiences and backgrounds; Trusted: Stand for integrity and ethical behavior; and Engaged: Actively participate in making Marsh extraordinary.
We are seeking 1 Client Advisor in our Anchorage Client Management Department.
Contributes to revenue growth by assisting in the implementation of insurance solutions that meet clients’ needs. Supports clients facing professionals with the team.
- Develops a deep understanding of the clients’ business, strategic priorities, risk strategies and risk management needs.
- Utilizing risk expertise and knowledge of industry and markets, reviews clients’ exposures and loss experience. Analyzes risks and develops solutions for clients’ needs.
- Develops a renewal/placement strategy in conjunction with the Placement Specialist, Advisory Leader and Client Executive.
- Responsible for the execution of the renewal strategy in accordance with client instructions.
- Works in partnership with the Placement Specialists to receive, negotiate and evaluate quotes from carriers and presents to clients.
- Builds and maintains relationships with clients, and is the primary point of contact. Provides day-to-day service to clients for the specific product line to ensure that their risk management needs are appropriately met.
- Implements and maintains a quality service plan and regular open items reports.
- Communicates with international network on service of global programs.
- Responsible for maintaining quality in all area of client deliverables.
- Reviews policies and endorsements and initiates draft recommendations for corrections or enhancements to coverage.
- Works with Client Executive to determine the impact of solutions and articulates value to client.
- Creates and presents renewal proposals to existing clients and participates in presentations to prospective clients.
- Makes recommendations to clients regarding additional products and services as solutions to clients’ risk issues.
- Contributes to retention through high quality and timely service.
- Keeps abreast of changing market conditions and informs Client Executives and/or clients of major developments affecting various types of coverage.
- Supports and assists in the development, when appropriate, of new products in conjunction with Placement Specialists and underwriters.
- Provides input to Client Executive on Pricing of Services
- Colleague Capability
- Coordinates servicing workload of Client Representatives on assigned accounts
- Provides input to appropriate supervisor for performance management of Client Representatives.
- Trains and mentors new/less experienced employees
- Adheres to Marsh Compliance and Transparency Standards.
- Responsible for issuing appropriate binding documents and delivering confirmations to clients. Supervises invoicing the client and monitors payment by the client to avoid policy cancellation. Responsible for final policy checking and delivery to client.
- Works directly with the Client Executive, ACE, Client Manager, Placement Specialist or Broker to provide our clients with the best possible service.
- Gathers information on exposures and operations to support preparation of submission and coverage specifications as needed.
- Develops an understanding of clients’ business priorities and risk management needs.
- Utilizes knowledge of industry, markets & clients in assisting in preparing underwriting specifications.
- Supports team in producing client proposals and presentations.
- Provides quality day-to-day service on client deliverables.
- Provide assistance with coverage questions and program adjustments; solves problems regarding client account issues.
- Provides necessary information to operations to create account information in databases (MINA, CMS, PCR, etc) and updates information as needed.
- Supports Client Manager and MRC in the Claims Process.
- Tracks and close for monies due until received from clients.
- Key liaison/role for process and activities supported by Centralized Services, e.g. CIU, Certificates of Insurance, Auto ID cards and, Surplus Lines filings, including the utilization of MCD and other related tools, systems and templates.
- Communicates with International network on administration of global programs as needed.
- Understands and complies with Marsh Compliance and Transparency Standards.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Two Years Related Experience as a Client Advisor
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple responsibilities and projects with a high degree of detail and organization.
- Strong Oral and written communication skills and the ability to work with all levels of staff.
- Agency Management System experience preferred.
- Strong customer service orientation.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates
Are equal opportunity employers