GHSC Actuarial Intern - Atlanta - College Program 2019
Location: Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_037214-en Apply
- Do you want your internship to be with a global leader in health, wealth and career consulting?
- Are you seeking to learn and grow professionally and personally this summer?
If you answered “Yes” to those two questions – read on to learn more!
WHO WE ARE
Mercer is a global consulting leader in health, wealth and career. We help clients worldwide from small businesses to Fortune 1000 companies advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people.
THE POSITION: Government Healthcare Actuarial Intern
Mercer’s Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) practice focuses on the unique and challenging needs of the public health care sector, providing a wide array of consulting services to local, state, and federal government agencies across the country. GHSC specializes in assisting government-sponsored health care programs in becoming more efficient purchasers of health services and with navigating the evolving landscape of public health care from a regulatory, operational and implementation perspective. To accomplish these challenging and exciting tasks, GHSC brings together a team of over 250 highly skilled and dedicated consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, and pharmacists across four offices in Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta and Washington DC to ensure a coordinated approach to the administrative, operational, actuarial, and financial components of public-sponsored health care programs.
To learn more about Mercer’s GHSC practice, please visit www.mercer-government.mercer.com.
WHAT’S IT IN FOR YOU?
Work on multifaceted projects to gain a better understanding of health care delivery systems, specifically government-sponsored health and welfare programs, such as Medicaid and Medicare
- Allows you to use your natural skills and learn new ones
- Provides you the opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
- Grow your career by partnering with a supervisor that has similar clients, projects and/or career objectives
- Have opportunities to participate in Mercer Cares, our community outreach and volunteerism initiative
WHAT WE VALUE
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to function well in a team environment
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE
Apply actuarial methods and assumptions in health care rate development
Complete comprehensive analysis of health care data using spreadsheet and database management software
Assist in the development of client communications, proposals, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations
Work in fast-paced, challenging and dynamic consulting environment with colleagues across all organizational levels
GHSC ACTUARIAL INTERN REQUIREMENTS
- Progress towards a bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, math, statistics, economics, or other related field
- Status as a currently enrolled student; candidates should have an expected graduation date in the Fall of 2019 or Spring of 2020
- Record of top academic achievement (minimum preferred GPA: 3.0 / 4.0)
- A commitment to achieving a Society of Actuaries (SOA) designation
- Legal work authorization in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
We will review application submissions on a rolling basis. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a first round interview. The first round interview will consist of an on-demand digital video interview through the Hirevue platform.
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, please visit us at: http://careers.mmc.com/ and for a glimpse into our culture check out our profile on the Muse. Follow Mercer on Twitter @lifeatmercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.