Insurance Operations Manager, 11am-8pm
Location: Austin, Texas, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_046856-en Apply
**Please note that the hours for this position are 11am-8pm CST.
- Supervise a team of approximately 15 Specialists and 2Team Leads in a high production environment on a daily basis to maintain service level expectations of multiple constituents.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to team on an on-going basis. Work with senior leadership on special projects, as needed.
- Manage and lead team members on a day-to-day basis to ensure compliance of processes and company guidelines are followed.
- Candidate should have a sound understanding of an operations environment and managing complex transactions.
- Supervises the daily workflow of certificate requests to ensure Service Level Agreement expectations are met
- Responsible for managing certificate activity for up to 700+ accounts
- Reviews and evaluates status of pending items weekly for timely and efficient resolution
- Reviews CSI submissions on a daily basis for appropriate action
- Support new business in accordance with expectations established by client teams
- Provides weekly and monthly performance feedback to direct reports (Quality and Productivity results; identifies opportunities for improvement; develops action items for improved and/or continued success)
- Responsible for timely performance management, coaching and career development of specialists
- Actively engage in the overall on-boarding process including interviews of new hires through the time colleagues are fully integrated into production.
- Communicates escalated service issues via the Issues Log on a monthly basis and real time to Certificate Production Manager
- Investigates, evaluates, and resolves all escalated service issues in a timely manner
- Accountable for the team’s overall Quality and Process results
- Utilizes communication skills to provide feedback and input to ensure training programs to fit into current and future development needs
- Builds effective working relationships with Marsh colleagues and drives continuous improvement in Client satisfaction, maintaining effective relationships with client advisory team members
- Understand & ensure adherence to the regulatory requirements for given business process and ensure appropriate controls are in place to identify and mitigate risk
- Maintains adequate staffing
- Builds talent bench strength
- Other responsibilities, as required
- Manages all overtime requests and proactively takes steps to utilize all available resources in an effort to keep overtime spending at a minimum
- Manages from Operations Experience to organize the workflow of Certificate Processing Specialists to provide the most effective and efficient service in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, Associate's Degree (A. A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or equivalent combination of education and business/ job experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in supervising and leading a team (preferably from an Operations/Production environment)
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong client focus, and have the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Strong understanding of Siebel and development of applicable queries to monitor queues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to focus in an open environment with a moderate noise level
- Regular use of all motor skills along with listening and speaking skills. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business correspondence, technical procedures, and governmental regulations. Ability to write business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Good organization and time management skills
- Computer literate: ability to navigate seamlessly between MS Office (especially Excel and Word), Web-based applications, Outlook, Proprietary applications
- General knowledge of commercial Property & Casualty insurance lines-of-coverage is a plus
The successful candidate will exemplify Marsh’s IGNITE Operating Principles, the behaviors that guide our conduct and growth - In Touch: Get out in front by being informed and being connected; Genuine: Be authentic with clients and each other; Nimble: Be flexible and move quickly to deliver quality results; Inclusive: Be open to diverse ideas, experiences and backgrounds; Trusted: Stand for integrity and ethical behavior; and Engaged: Actively participate in making Marsh extraordinary.
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.