Retirement Valuation Specialist
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Company: MercerJob ID R_051290-en Apply
Extraordinary people. Extraordinary results. With more than 20,000 employees in more than 40 countries worldwide, Mercer is a leading global provider in talent, health, retirement, and investment consulting. Mercer works with clients to solve their most complex benefit and human capital issues, designing and helping manage health, retirement and other benefits. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today.
In order to support our team and strengthen the growth of our business in Thailand, we are looking for Retirement Valuation Specialist.
Directs, coaches, and guides a small group of actuarial analysts and valuation specialists through core valuation work which includes flawless execution with respect to requesting, gathering, and reviewing client data for completeness, reconciling data and assets from previous valuations, and preparing summaries of data, assets, and benefits defined in the plan document.
- Spearheads initiatives to develop in-house retirement valuation platform using R and cloud-based reporting platform
- Supervises two or more employees, typically between 2 and 4.
- Prepares and reviews detailed analysis of final funding and accounting results to be reviewed by a Signing Actuary and Retirement Consultant.
- Reviews and validate annual client liabilities produced by Mercer’s Retirement Studio System and other proprietary systems.
- Undertakes general actuarial modeling, spreadsheet modelling and valuation calculations.
- Coordinate with Global Actuary as needed to consolidate accounting valuation results
- Provides input and technical leadership to valuation specialists by teaching new skills, help in assigning the correct amount of time that should be spent on each step in the project and confirming that the workflow process was correctly followed and documented.
We are offering the opportunity to develop your career in a corporate environment and working in an international organization with the best and brightest people and colleagues who are committed to exceeding the high standards set by our clients – and by ourselves.