Senior Retirement Analyst/ Actuarial Analyst
Location: Belfast, United Kingdom
Company: MercerJob ID R_074204-en Apply
We are currently looking for a talented and ambitious Senior Retirement Analyst who is keen to develop their career by joining our Wealth Analytical Services team in Belfast. This is an opportunity to join an established centre of excellence, specialising in a wide range of retirement solutions, providing technical expertise and support to our UK Retirement market. We are looking for strong team players with excellent communication skills, business acumen, alongside the core technical skills.
This is an opportunity to fulfil a fundamental role in providing pension solutions across our wide range of services. As we continue to grow and enhance our workforce of the future, we are providing a continuously evolving and tailored range of services, giving individuals the opportunity to learn and develop their skills with support both now, and into the future.
This role would be suitable for someone who already has experience working on DB pensions within an actuarial role. In addition, Mercer provides full-study support for students undertaking any applicable examinations.
Key duties will include
- Working as part of a team on complex defined benefit modelling using advanced actuarial skills and techniques, specialising in complex UK pension solutions
- Carrying out non-standard scheme benefit calculations and involvement in wider actuarial work
- Checking technical accuracy on work of all complexities across services and non-standard projects
- Contribute to continuous improvement by developing and delivering knowledge sharing /training /process improvement initiatives and co-ordinate new process roll outs across locations.
- Develop expertise in excel, VBA and Mercer in house technology enabling high quality IT and product solution development
- Managing client work across multiple services with a focus on agility, allowing scalability and adaptability in the services and solutions we provide
- Working in partnership and developing relationships with internal teams to deliver a streamlined service to other lines of business within Mercer
- Assist in managing the transition of new work streams from other lines of business
Requirements and skills:
- Educated to degree level in a numerical or semi-numerical degree
- A strong understanding of how UK pensions schemes operate
- Strong analytical, numerical and critical thinking skills, including a good understanding of actuarial approaches for pensions
- Ability to work as part of a team and within a collaborative environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail ensuring quality and delivery in line with deadlines
- Strong IT skills with good working knowledge of Microsoft office, in particular Excel
In return, joining Mercer you will access to a number of benefits:
- Exceptional training and development opportunities
- Challenging yet friendly and diverse work environment
- Competitive salary
- We will fund a number of different professional study pathways including the Actuarial & Certified Actuarial Analyst CAA exams, PMI Qualifications and other relevant personal and professional exams.
- Exposure to a wide range of services with an abundance of career enhancing opportunities.
- Potential for opportunities in other lines of business, or via our Global & International rotation program.
- 25 days holiday with the option to buy/sell 5 days additional leave
- Highly competitive benefits package including pension scheme, private medical insurance, income protection with the ability to further tailor it to suit your individual needs with options including discounted gym memberships, travel insurance, childcare and retail vouchers and much more
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.mercer.comfor more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
At Mercer we are open to flexible and part time working arrangements for new hires. The aim of our flexible working policy is to enable employees to balance work and home life more effectively, whilst meeting the needs of our business. This is another step towards us being an employer of choice. We encourage you to discuss your requirements with us when you apply for a role.
- For further information on career opportunities please contact email@example.com