NERA Executive Assistant (m/f/d)
Location: Berlin, Germany
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_081093-en Apply
NERA Economic Consulting (www.nera.com), a unit of the Oliver Wyman Group, and part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, is a global organisation with over 500 employees based in more than 25 offices. NERA offers the infrastructure and benefits of a large corporation while retaining the culture of a smaller firm. Our consultants provide expert analysis on a wide range of economic issues from renewable energy programmes to disputes about market dominance.
NERA’s Berlin office currently has an opening for an Executive Assistant to provide administrative support to the Managing Director and Head of Competition Economics Europe whose team is split across multiple offices, so therefore, strong communications skills in English and German are required.
The EA will join an administrative team in Berlin supporting approximately 30 consultants across two practices. The right candidate will be expected to work both independently on practice-specific tasks as well as cooperatively within the existing administrative structure, and from time to time support our wider office and regional delivery as we adopt a collaborative and collegiate approach.
Previous EA or administrative experience is necessary to fulfil this role, and training for all in-house systems and processes will be provided.
The role will involve various project management and complex administrative tasks that are often highly confidential and time sensitive. The EA will help manage deadlines, analyse and organise information, and request information from others.
- Diary management for allocated senior staff; arranging business and personal appointments, booking meeting rooms, and co-ordinating the associated logistics.
- Maintaining and updating contacts records, both in Outlook and NERA’s CRM system.
- Screening and handling phone calls and e-mails, including enquiries, requests, and passing on accurate messages.
- Dealing with highly confidential matters on a regular basis.
- Filing, archiving, and general office administrative support to staff; undertaking tasks as required, ensuring work is accurate and completed in accordance with NERA style and approved formats.
- Producing high quality printed documents, binders, and folders for client presentations and to support consultants giving evidence.
- Coordinating consulting team holiday and sickness schedules.
- Assisting with events as required to ensure successful delivery; coordinating with Marketing team on event invitations and logistics.
- Provide vacation and sickness cover for other administrative team members as required.
- Extensive, high-level document formatting using NERA templates and the production of draft briefing papers, proposals, reports, presentations, and summaries of meetings; proofreading/editing of final documents and acting as a trouble-shooter for consultants’ issues.
- Preparing client engagement letters and liaising with legal teams to assist with contract preparation.
- Using our internal project database, Claim.Check, and supporting managers with setting up new projects; managing time diaries and changing billing rates.
- Liaising with Billing Administrator to ensure invoices are prepared accurately and efficiently; preparing cover letters to accompany invoices and sending these out to clients.
- Collating/editing CVs in the appropriate format, including maintaining and updating them as necessary.
- Keeping the database of company information up to date and accurate for use in completing supplier questionnaires.
- Carrying out basic research tasks for consultants, such as cross-referencing and data entry, downloading information and arranging translations.
- Arranging flights, train journeys, and accommodations using our corporate travel agent and ensuring all arrangements comply with internal policies.
- Compiling detailed itineraries for trips, and supporting staff with any issues they face whilst travelling abroad.
- Applying for visas and second passports, co-ordinating the different requirements for them and ensuring that they are received on time.
- Processing expense claims using our expense system to ensure efficient and accurate reimbursement takes place, assisting the Managing Director with expense approvals.
- Minimum two years’ experience providing administrative support, preferably in a legal or professional services environment
- Self-starter who is happy to use their own initiative whilst adhering to firm policies and processes.
- Personable, diligent, with exemplary attention to detail and the ability to work with multiple competing deadlines.
- Higher level Maths, English or language skills would be beneficial but are not essential.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office is essential, as well as a willingness to learn new software and programmes.
- Strong oral and written communications skills including proofreading and editing.
- Outstanding client interaction and interpersonal skills.
- Good judgement and ability to solve problems independently and discreetly