Oliver Wyman - Senior Analyst - FSQA - Berlin
Location: Berlin, Germany
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_071728-en Apply
WHO WE ARE
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60 cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies [NYSE: MMC]. For more information, visitwww.oliverwyman.com. Follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.
Financial Services Quantitative Analytics is a specialist business unit within Oliver Wyman, set up in Newcastle-upon-Tyne in 2017 and has since expanded to Milan and Berlin. The business unit has a fast-paced start-up culture and provides high quality quantitative analytics for Oliver Wyman's global client base with a primary focus on the financial services sector.
We are looking for highly talented quantitative analysts who are excited to work in an entrepreneurial environment to continue the success and development of FSQA in Berlin.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Working with us offers excellent career and growth opportunities for highly motivated professionals with relevant prior experience in specialised consulting firms, top tier banking or financial institutions, focused in quantitatively intense areas of financial services. We are passionate about developing our people and support your progression to partner.
YOUR ATTRIBUTES AND EXPERIENCE
Clients hire Oliver Wyman for specialized expertise, the ideal candidate will have most of the following:
Required Skills & Experience:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative discipline. Ideally Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science or Engineering
• Strong analysis, documentation, and communication skills
• Experience in using advanced analytics and data manipulation software - SAS, R, SQL, SPSS, or Python
• Work effectively and collaboratively in a team
• Present effectively results, potential issues and implications.
• Excellent command of German and English language (verbal and written)
• Ability to manage a demanding work volume and meet deadlines in an extremely fast paced environment
• Ability to maintain and respect confidentiality
• Previous experience in banking and financial institutions, with content in one or more of the following areas: credit risk measurement (e.g. Probability of Default, Loss Given Default, Exposure at Default), stress testing, financial modelling, RWA calculations, credit portfolio modelling, derivative pricing, fair value calculations, Asset Quality reviews, model validation, VaR, CVA or IRC modelling
OUR VALUES & CULTURE
We’re serious about making OW a rewarding, progressive, enjoyable and balanced place to work.
- Self starters and free thinkers who work well in a team
We are individuals who are self starting, motivated, energetic, entrepreneurial about what we do
- Common aspiration, collective endeavour, shared success
We have the common aspiration to have an impact, leave a legacy and change the world. We have no interest in running a steady-state business. We want to build, grow and shape the environment around us
- Straightforward, open, respectful interaction
We value an environment where every member of Oliver Wyman is encouraged and expected to voice his or her opinion
- Opportunity without artificial barriers
We value merit and believe that to create a true meritocracy we need to remove artificial barriers to opportunity
- Balanced lives
We value people whose lives balance work and non-work activities because we believe they are both more interesting colleagues and are able to make better contributions to the Firm. We push ourselves hard to deliver excellence, but we also work to extract the maximum benefit from the flexibility of a project-based business. We provide the ability to take career breaks for personal or family reasons. We fundamentally value each other’s time, and are sensitive to how it is used. We are an output not input-based culture, have respect for people’s personal decisions, and believe that one's workload must be sustainable. We seek balance for ourselves and our colleagues.
HOW TO APPLY
If you like what you’ve read, we’d love to hear from you.
If you’d like to learn more about the firm during your application process, please visit www.oliverwyman.com/careers,
Oliver Wyman is an equal opportunity employer.
Our commitment to diversity is genuine, deep and growing. We’re not perfect yet, but we’re working hard right now to make our teams balanced, representative and diverse.