General Insurance Adviser – Insolvency Practice
Location: Theale, United Kingdom
Secondary Locations: Birmingham,United Kingdom;
Company: MarshJob ID R_039919-en Apply
Are you an experienced Client Advisor / Executive with a broad property & casualty insurance background? Are you interested in moving into a diverse role building relationships with insolvency practitioner clients across the UK and working on a broad range of insurance arrangements, including some of the most high profile insolvencies in the UK? If so then you may well be interested in a role within the Marsh Insolvency Practice.
We are seeking an experienced Client Advisor / Executive to manage, and handle a wide range of insurance programmes across our client base, building relationships with clients whilst advising on general insurance needs. The successful candidate would be based from either the Birmingham or Reading office but travel regularly to client sites across the UK dealing with a wide variety of complex insurance arrangements.
- Manage a portfolio of live insolvency appointments for existing clients from inception to closure.
- Deliver risk and insurance advise to clients and arrange for appropriate covers to be put in place, including cover under both delegated authority & open market placements.
- Negotiate with insurers on behalf of clients.
- Strive to deliver best practice, market-leading service and solutions for all clients
- UK wide travel for client site visits
Skills, Knowledge & Experience Required
- Proven technical Insurance background essential, including property; Public, Products & Employers Liability.
- Insolvency experience would be an advantage but not essential
- Demonstrable experience of managing own workload
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including both face to face and via telephone and written communications.
- Negotiating and Influencing skills
- Strong Analytical and problem solving skills
- Full UK Driving Licence and willing to travel extensively
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration.
Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients
Marsh offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.