Account Management Executive - North America
Location: New York, New York, United States
Secondary Locations: Boston,Massachusetts,United States;
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_046512-en Apply
Celent is an advisory services firm focused on the application of information technology within the global financial services industry. We are a subsidiary of Oliver Wyman, a global management consultancy.
Our clients recognize that we provide:
- Highly verticalized views of the areas we cover. Our primary practices include Banking, Insurance, Securities & Investments, Risk, and Wealth Management.
- A global perspective. We have a presence in 17 countries, and main offices in the US, the UK, and Japan.
- A collegial, easy-to-engage team. All analyst firms provide strong opinions. But we deliver ours in a confident, low-key manner that makes our insights (and our analysts) accessible.
The Business Development Account Executive is responsible for leading sales and managing current client for financial institutions (banks, insurers, brokerages) and to the software and services firms that serve the financial services market. The focus for this position is North America and the role will sit in New York or Boston.
In this role, you will interact with senior-level buyers and c-suite decision makers to get them to engage with Celent. Our offering centers on subscription-based access to Celent research and to the analysts who produce it. We also provide customised, fixed-price consulting and other productised offerings.
Success will be driven by your ability to:
- Relentlessly and professionally navigate complex organizations;
- Conduct creative discovery to determine how Celent offerings can solve critical
- Communicate to both clients and the internal Celent team professionally and effectively
- Organise our outreach and engagement in a way that communicates Celent’s value and builds lasting relationships
Our engagement model for account management is highly variable, and generally requires a combination of phone-led, proactive outreach, in-person sales meetings -- often working in tandem with analysts as subject matter experts -- and other ways of leveraging Celent’s intellectual property.
You will be responsible for delivering outstanding customer service for a defined set of accounts, which gives you opportunities to cross-sell additional research and consulting services to your existing clients.
- At least 2-4 years of direct sales experience, preferably for a professional service provider in financial services, for advisory services, or for a financial services technology vendor
- Bachelor’s degree
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work successfully in a highly virtual, highly collaborative environment
- Strong team player, and willingness to further the Celent culture
- Language proficiency, with fluency in English