Location: New York, New York, United States
Secondary Locations: Boston,Massachusetts,United States;
Company: MarshJob ID R_052944-en Apply
An Advisory Representative in the Marsh Environmental Practice provides both client service and insurance brokerage support to their team members. We are hiring for an Advisory Representative in Marsh's Northeast Environmental Hub, based out of our New York City office. A brokers' license is not required for this role. The role includes responsibilities that can provide an interested, motivated and effective colleague with the opportunity to increase their responsibility and advance within the organization.
The key responsibilities of this role include:
- System entry of data to support the insurance policies we handle.
- Maintaining data quality
- Generate supporting documentation to insurance transactions
- Checking and issuing policies and endorsements in accordance with Marsh's Client First Principles
- Invoicing – all aspects including:
- Taxes/fees coordination with Surplus Lines team
- Multinational coordination
- Managing premium payment issues; working with client, Marsh and insurer fiduciary and accounting departments
- Client contract review
- Certificate issuance
- Coordinate the monthly team revenue forecast
- Maintain an active policy and renewal register
- Maintenance of documents in Marsh's document system (MDOCs)
- Client & market communication upon request
- Assistance with submission assembly: data uploading to Marsh systems, and transmission to market.
- Providing back-up support to team members when they are out of the office.
- High School Diploma/GED required with a minimum of 3+ years’ client facing professional experience in business administration, finance, or communications
- Bachelors or associates degree from a college or university preferred
- Insurance industry knowledge a plus
- MS Office proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
- Characteristics and strengths critical to the position include:
- Organization, the ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Keen attention to detail with a focus on accuracy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.