Associate - Health and Life Sciences (New York or Boston)
Location: New York, New York, United States
Secondary Locations: Boston,Massachusetts,United States;
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_059202-en Apply
Oliver Wyman is a leading global management consulting firm. We combine deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. We work alongside our clients to develop practical solutions that deliver real impact. With more than 50 offices in 26 countries, we have the reach to meet our clients’ needs anywhere in the world. The firm's 4,000+ professionals collaborate with clients in industry sectors and regions of the world where our distinctive approach allows us to identify their highest value opportunities, address their most critical challenges and transform their businesses. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Practice Group: Health and Life Sciences
Location: Chicago or New York
Practice Overview: Fill-In
The HLS practice mission is to “transform healthcare through the relentless pursuit of a better way.” The team works with C-suite and senior executives and management teams across the healthcare industry, including Health Insurance, Health Services, Retail and Consumer Health, and Healthcare Providers, on wide-ranging issues of strategic impact. We help our clients define a road map for future growth and optimize performance of their current operations. We are leaders in value-based, consumer-centric healthcare and focus our impact on access, quality, experience and cost.
In addition, we operate the Oliver Wyman Health Innovation Center (OWHIC) to develop and promote market-driven solutions to the crisis of high cost and poor quality that afflicts the healthcare systems of the developed world. Based on the deep healthcare expertise of Oliver Wyman and drawing on a network of innovative leaders across industries, OWHIC identifies and disseminates the ideas and practices that will transform healthcare. Our goal is to create a healthcare system driven by innovation and the needs and desires of consumers, creating value for companies and the public alike.
Our consulting approach is distinguished by a combination of industry expertise, strategic orientation, analytical rigor, and implementation experience. We are one of the fastest growing practices in Oliver Wyman and offer unique opportunities for talented individuals to have transformative impact in the rapidly changing healthcare market while advancing their own careers in a meritocratic environment.
The Associate position offers excellent career and growth opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals with significant prior experience. As a professional member of our firm, your initial responsibilities will include:
- Managing the execution of individual project modules. This typically includes developing hypotheses, managing data collection, model creation and analyses, conducting primary and secondary research, creatively tackling information limitations, and surfacing insights.
- Supporting our Partner group in project delivery through accurate and high-quality case execution
- Owning and developing executive client relationships, presenting to a wide range of audiences, and working day-to-day with clients and other stakeholders.
- Reporting to Engagement Managers and Principals, effectively seeking guidance on technical and senior-level steer to projects
- Coaching consultants and helping them develop their skill sets
Desired Skills and Experience
Associates serve as the primary contact point for senior client executives and Oliver Wyman consultants staffed on client engagements. While specific responsibilities will vary based on previous experience the ideal candidate will have the following:
- 4-6 years of experience in strategy consulting and/or industry experience
- Strong background in conceptual problem solving and analytical skills
- Track record of leading and managing teams and delivering against tight deadlines in fast paced and demanding environments
- Outstanding communication skills; confidence in presenting to senior executives
- Undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program
- Willingness to travel
Oliver Wyman is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc. (NYSE: MMC). For more information, please visit www.oliverwyman.com and follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.