Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Secondary Locations: Boston,Massachusetts,United States;
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_045131-en Apply
Marsh & McLennan Companies
Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world’s leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 70,000 + employees worldwide and annual revenue of over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
Marsh & McLennan Companies Corporate serves as an internal business function providing infrastructure and operational services to our family of companies. Through a shared vision and best practices, we provide efficient and sustainable solutions to meet internal customer business needs. We are looking for talented and motivated individuals to join our team.
As a Senior Cloud DevOps Engineer, your role is to implement innovative technologies to support CI/CD pipeline automation and container orchestration technologies. The ideal candidate is someone who is passionate about technology, and able to execute the vision of infrastructure as code. You will build and deploy cloud services in fully virtualized IaaS and PaaS operating environments. You will influence and create new designs, architectures, standards and methods for large-scale distributed systems. This is a great opportunity for someone who has the desire to work with teams that are passionate about innovation and creating amazing client experiences.
- Deploy and support Kubernetes.
- Engineer and implement new cloud technology solutions, primarily focused on public cloud.
- Obtain and maintain an in-depth understanding of AWS , Google, and Azure public cloud technology to ensure all appropriate options are considered to support business initiatives
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for Senior MMC Leadership, Project Managers, Software and Engineering teams, to navigate the constantly changing technology landscape and identify appropriate tactical and strategic solutions to deliver self-service, automated cloud and container based applications environments.
- Write code working hand in hand with Software Engineering teams on understanding ways to improve IaaS and PaaS services
- Be an advocate for our customers in representing their issues to Leadership and develop innovative ways to resolve issues
- Subject matter expert for Kubernetes, Docker Containers, and continuous integration technologies.
- AWS public cloud experience in development and architecture.AWS DevOps Certification required, however strong experience with desire to complete certification will be considered.
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), including but not limited to core IaaS (IAM, VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, ELB) and native AWS Services (Lambda, AWS Config, EMR, Athena)
- Experience with SOAP and REST APIs to support integration of infrastructure, cloud and platform as a service technologies
- Experience with containers and container orchestration, Kubernetes and Docker, including lifecycle management of containers
- Knowledge of web, security, and networking protocols, private cloud or on prem solution architecture experience.
- Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications
- A commitment to best practices and striving for the elimination of manual operational processes to promote a DevOps oriented software delivery model
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more informat