Oliver Wyman - MBA Associate - Health & Life Sciences
Location: New York, New York, United States
Secondary Locations: Boston,Massachusetts,United States;Chicago,Illinois,United States;
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_065226-en Apply
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 60+ cities across 29 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 5,000+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities.
Practice Group: Health & Life Sciences
Location: Boston, Chicago, New York
Role: MBA Associate
The Health and Life Sciences Practice
The HLS practice mission is to “transform healthcare through the relentless pursuit of a better way.” The team works with C-suite and senior executives and management teams in the Health Insurance, Health Services, Retail Health, Pharmaceuticals, Biotechnology, Healthcare Provider, Health IT, Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology, on wide ranging issues of strategic impact. We help our clients define a road map for future growth and optimize performance of their current operations. We are leaders in value-based, consumer-centric healthcare and focus our impact on access, quality, experience and cost.
In addition, we operate the Oliver Wyman Health Innovation Center (OWHIC) to develop and promote market driven solutions to the crisis of high cost and poor quality that afflicts the healthcare systems of the developed
world. Based on the deep healthcare expertise of Oliver Wyman and drawing on a network of innovative leaders across industries, OWHIC identifies and disseminates the ideas and practices that will transform healthcare. Our goal is to create a healthcare system driven by innovation and the needs and desires of consumers, creating value for companies and the public alike.
Our consulting approach is distinguished by a combination of industry expertise, strategic orientation, analytical rigor, and implementation experience. We are one of the fastest growing practices in Oliver Wyman, and offer unique opportunities for talented individuals to have transformative impact in the rapidly changing healthcare market while advancing their own careers in a meritocratic environment.
The Associate position offers excellent career and growth opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals with relevant prior experience. Your initial responsibilities will include:
- Managing the execution of individual project modules; developing hypotheses, model creation and analyses, conducting primary and secondary research, and surfacing insights
- Supporting our Partner group in project delivery through accurate and high quality project execution
- Owning and developing executive client relationships and presenting to a wide range of audiences
- Management of junior team; effectively providing leverage for the senior project staff
Desired Skills and Experience
Associates serve as the primary contact point for senior client executives and Oliver Wyman consultants staffed on client engagements. The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Must be enrolled in a graduate program at an eligible business school
- Minimum 3-4 years of experience in consulting, or project-based, team-oriented environments
- Previous management consulting experience or experience in Health Services (particularly insurers or providers) Life Sciences, or Strategic IT & Operations is preferred
- Track record of leading and managing teams and delivering against tight deadlines in fast paced and demanding environments
- Strong background in conceptual problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to apply depth of content knowledge for thought leadership in project execution, and to develop new intellectual capital to support business development activities
- Outstanding communication skills; confidence in presenting to senior executives
- Willingness to travel
- Please include a resume including your undergraduate GPA, GMAT and a cover letter outlining your qualifications and interest in the available role.
Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required. Oliver Wyman does not offer sponsorship for this position. (Please note that CPT and OPT are forms of restricted work authorization.)