Part-time Receptionist (Tuesday & Thursday)
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_069363-en Apply
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 26 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 4700+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman’s thought leadership is evident in our agenda-setting books, white papers, research reports, and articles in the business press. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman: www.oliverwyman.com
The part-time receptionist represents the face and voice of the Oliver Wyman when you greet guests and employees and answer phone calls. The receptionist role includes a variety of assignments and duties, but the foremost responsibility is to courteously meet and welcome customers and clients. The Receptionist must be able to quickly understand the nature of our various businesses; handle several or difficult situations at once with poise and confidence.
This role is for Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am-6pm.
- Ensure all incoming calls are answered promptly, in a courteous and professional manner, prioritizing as appropriate.
- Provides assistance and information to callers, announce visitors, uses paging system
- Greet all visitors, clients, delivery persons, vendors, etc. in a friendly manner. Also help ensure proper security process is in place (e.g. enter names in Passage Point)
- Oversee workflow from the shared inbox of the local Office Services Dept.
- Act as Single Point of Contact for local colleagues, directing inquiries as appropriate
- Oversee the booking of meeting rooms, visitor space, team seating and hot desk management (on Condeco)
- Book cars for employee ensuring requests are properly recorded and allocated to the appropriate cost code
- Be familiar with building rules and regulations, fire safety procedures, visitor log, and security systems and procedures
- Work effectively with all departments to fulfill common goals and facilitate the culture of the firm
- Other projects or tasks, as needed
- At least 2-3 years of experience working in reception or customer service position
- Experience in management consultancy or similar industry would be an advantage, but is not necessary
Well versed and experienced with Microsoft software applications, especially Outlook and Excel
Skills and Attributes:
- Customer service focus – dedicated to meeting the expectations of internal customers and maintaining effective relationships with external customers
- Strong client service focus
- Friendly, welcoming, confident, and assertive when needed --able to deal with people at all levels
- Reliable, dedicated and excellent attention to detail
- Maturity, poise and good judgment
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Adaptable and flexible
- Problem solver
- Good communicator
- Positive attitude, sense of fun collegial and friendly