Senior Consultant - Construction Practice
Location: New York, New York, United States
Secondary Locations: Boston,Massachusetts,United States;
Company: MarshJob ID R_050260-en Apply
We are seeking a Sr Consultant in our Construction Consulting Services team. This consultant will have demonstrated experience in construction cost and schedule analysis, with a focus on claims. An important attribute is the ability to understand the big picture on complex disputes involving schedule delays and cost overruns, and clearly articulate analysis and findings through logical written and verbal communications. The role is client-facing, requiring frequent discussions with clients at project sites. An understanding of the construction environment and claims development is important. Candidates should be up-to-date on industry trends around risk and claims across multiple disciplines of construction. Consultants are expected to build and nurture positive working relationships with clients. In more senior roles, consultants may provide testimony to support dispute resolution (mediation, arbitration, or litigation).
- Manage data collection and document review for complex construction projects.
- Analysis cost reports, change orders, schedules, contracts, and general construction project records.
- Write up analysis and findings in professional reports for use in dispute resolution.
- Create presentations/slides and other communications that can be used with clients.
- Attend and participate in meetings (client and internal). Travel as needed to project sites and other Marsh offices (domestically and internationally).
- May direct the work of one or more junior consultants. Work in a team environment with colleagues in remote locations.
- May develop pricing for projects, support the development of scopes of work for proposals.
- Bachelors’ degree or equivalent required. Preference for degrees in engineering, construction management, or architecture. Accounting or other degrees with some construction experience will be considered.
- 7-10 years of work experience and at least three years in a consulting environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills as well as strong presentation skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner, manage difficult professional situations and respond to client needs promptly. Able to develop and foster successful business relations.
- Working knowledge of construction project scheduling and cost controls.
- Proficiency with Primavera P6 or Microsoft Project.
- Proficient Excel skills, working with large data files, charts, and pivot tables.
- Project experience with commercial and industrial construction projects desired.
#Construction #Consultant #Marsh #MMC
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.