Senior Project Manager
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_050948-en Apply
The Senior Project Manager - GBS Wealth is responsible for managing multiple initiatives, ranging in size and complexity, to accomplish global organizational strategic priorities. Expectations of the role include leading and engaging cross-functional teams in the development and execution of integrated project plans to incrementally meet project objectives that deliver value to Mercer. The Senior Project Manager collaborates closely with the Global COO, Global Investments Product Leader, other global business leaders and teams of subject matter experts to ensure broad organizational readiness, effective risk management, and transparent and timely communications with stakeholders and management.
This position further holds the role of Global Project Management Officer, whose primary function is reporting oversight to any significant projects being undertaken in Mercer’s Investment Solutions segment, globally.
The Senior Project Manager will also act as the Committee Liaison for the global Investments Governance Committee (IGC), driving organization of IGC’s meetings and its progress against actions.
- Lead and support cross-functional teams in the creation, integration and execution of an accurate and well defined project plan to achieve desired objectives in the most effective, efficient and expeditious manner feasible.
- Perform risk management. Anticipate challenges and formulate viable solutions before issues or risks adversely affect the project or client relationship. Collaborate with teams to provide visibility and transparency into issues, risks and dependencies which may impact overall readiness and delivery. Escalate to management as needed.
- Build and maintain communication channels and methods to provide updates on progress to both internal and external stakeholders timely and succinctly.
- Manage project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- Develop subject-matter knowledge to the extent necessary to drive key project activities.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Aid in drafting and producing various strategy, operations, general overview and finance reports for senior leadership that facilitate decision-making and wider corporate information-sharing and education. Includes high-level expertise of MS Office and knowledge of Mercer’s design standards
- Participate on various leadership committees, including chiefly the Investments Governance Committee (IGC), to act as business liaison and cascade global information and messaging broadly throughout the organization. Assist the IGC Secretary in organizing and maintaining IGC governance process
- Proactively and reactively draft and produce global communications; contribute to drafting global operations procedures and protocols
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent work experience.
- Five+ years of global financial business experience working with senior leadership
- Five years of project management experience within the financial services sector
- Asset Management / oCIO operations work experience a plus
- Knowledge of principles of Project Management
- Exceptional working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools including PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously
Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.