Senior Writer & Editor, Internal Communications
Location: New York, New York, United States
Secondary Locations: Boston,Massachusetts,United States;
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_050569-en Apply
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across 26 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. Our 4700+ professionals help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman’s thought leadership is evident in our agenda-setting books, white papers, research reports, and articles in the business press. Our clients are the CEOs and executive teams of the top Global 1000 companies.
Visit our website for more details about Oliver Wyman: www.oliverwyman.com
Oliver Wyman is seeking a Senior Writer/Editor to be responsible for end-to-end development, writing/editing, production and distribution of the firm’s internal online monthly newsletter. This individual will also lead and develop various internal communication projects and campaigns to help support the firm’s change management initiatives.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for ideas and a strong intellect who can bring interesting content alive in innovative and newsworthy ways.
1) Managing Editor / Writer for “News of Oliver Wyman” (NOW) the firm’s internal online magazine
- Develop compelling articles that reflect the firm’s culture, build excitement, drive engagement, and keep the staff informed. This may include using various techniques such as humor, infographics, light-hearted internal competitions, brain-teasers, listicles, as well as short-form articles
- Lead regular brainstorm meetings with Internal Communications and External Communications leaders and colleagues to drive story ideas
- Write and edit stories, especially those that “make news” internally
- Manage layout, production, and distribution working the internal design and technology team members using WordPress
- Track usage and readership metrics and conduct analytics to inform strategic and content decisions
- Lead an effort to continuously refresh NOW which would require researching, recommending, and implementing improvements to the NOW focusing on content, design, and distribution.
2) Strategic Internal Communications project management and campaign development
- Manage project to install digital screens in each office around the world to show visual content that supports our campaigns (drive overall project to get screens installed, create content, manage relationship with software vendor, train local office members as needed).
- Recommend and develop communications campaigns for various firm news
- Conceive, develop, and execute internal competitions to increase engagement
- Develop special video or live webinar content for internal meetings and broadcast communications
- Develop / write presentation materials for firm-wide meetings and events and for posting on our parent company’s (Marsh & McClennan) intranet
- Develop and maintain some areas of Oliver Wyman’s intranet
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in journalism, marketing, or communications preferred.
- 2-7 years of experience in journalism, communications, marketing, or related writing/editing position.
- Must be able to take the lead in developing publishable work from initial draft through the final stages of fact-checking and copy-editing, on deadline.
- Knowledgeable about social media (ideally using the Jive Software platform). Able to understand and implement emerging practices and technologies.
- May require periodic domestic or international travel.
- Excellent writing and editing abilities are essential.
- Knowledge of WordPress and HTML preferred.
- Ability to come up with new and creative story ideas, which may range from serious to more light-hearted, human interest stories.
- Ability to write creative and compelling headline and online articles with strong, rational arguments.
Skills and Attributes:
- Sharp intellect, self-confident and highly articulate, with a style which is both proactive and responsive
- Creative and innovative thinker who pushes boundaries when necessary
- Able to excel in a fluid or unstructured environment where priorities often shift
- High energy self-starter with an eagerness to excel
- Outstanding interpersonal skills