Property Risk Consultant
Location: New York, New York, United States
Secondary Locations: Boston,Massachusetts,United States;Syracuse,New York,United States;Philadelphia,Pennsylvania,United States;
Company: MarshJob ID R_075839-en Apply
The Northeast Zone of Marsh's Property Risk Consulting practice is looking to expand the team of engineers. The new member will have the benefit of experiencing professional growth through working with senior members. We also anticipate this opportunity to create further growth for our growing northeast zone business. As a Sr Consultant you will provide solutions to meet clients' varied needs across the property risk platform. You will have the chance to develop and maintain relationship with clients that have complex consulting needs. Through working knowledge of insurance, Fire and property risk engineering, NFPA codes and FM data sheets, as well as knowledge of the range of Marsh resources. You will be expected to assume the team lead role for smaller less complex projects and will assist senior engineers as requested.
Additionally, but not limited to, you can expect to manage the following duties:
- Helps clients and other team members by serving as a resource on products and services in own specialty area.
- Directs analysis of client needs, develops project outlines and recommends suitable approaches or options to consider.
- Industry Specialization and/or technical specialization in property risk engineering
- Uses facilitative and diagnostic skills to assist clients in the articulation of complex problems.
- Actively uncovers concerns or issues that may be unclear to the client.
- Develops the project requirements and work plans within a practice or technical area.
- Matches products and services in own specialty to client’s key needs.
- Develops or uses systems to organize and track information.
- Drives innovative solutions to solving client problems
- Enhances the creativity and effectiveness of materials that reflect an understanding of more complex client, project and technical issues.
- Respect and maintain client confidentiality.
- Follow, promote, and facilitate the adoption of the continuous risk improvement methodology.
- Ability to manage Cross Practice multi discipline consulting projects
- Ability to manage project profitably to meet practice financial objectives
- Suggests, develops and applies objective criteria for measuring important processes.
- Reviews and enhances suggested new ways and/or formulates new approaches of applying processes and technologies.
- Responsible for developing and managing profitable project budget, as well as negotiating changes.
- Responsible for the development of pricing of projects and securing appropriate selection of resources.
- Responsible for the development and securing of client service agreements.
- Complies with company policy and procedures for timekeeping, expense reporting and billing.
- Develops and effectively delivers complex written and oral communications, such as proposals, technical concepts and deliverables.
- Manages and sets quality control standards for projects
- Articulate internal and external business goals and overall strategies needed to attain these goals.
- Directs best practices and resources in a specialty area with identified business need.
- Complies with and checks performance against professional standards and best practices.
- Proposal development and prepares pricing of projects
- Develops new and expanded business opportunities.
- Utilize and develop spheres of influence to develop new and expanded business.
- Working knowledge and understanding of fire codes and standards such as NFPA, Building codes, International Fire Codes
- Creates or seeks opportunities to develop new skills and broaden and deepen knowledge for yourself and colleagues.
- Creates a team environment of continuous feedback and idea sharing.
- Involved in external associations to contribute skills and enhance technical abilities.
- College or university degree in an Engineering discipline
- At least 5 years of previous insurance, financial services, or risk advisory experience with a proven track record of delivering results.
- Clear and concise oral and written communication skills
- Strong numerical skills
- Excellent organizational skills – able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills – able to work within a team
- Comfortable experience working with technology (solutions)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools (or equivalent) – Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong problem solving capabilities
- Ability to handle very complex and difficult negotiations and influence multiple stakeholders
- Certification or licenses as required by jurisdiction
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.