Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
Secondary Locations: Birmingham,United Kingdom;London,,United Kingdom;Manchester,,United Kingdom;Glasgow,,United Kingdom;Edinburgh,,United Kingdom;Woking,,United Kingdom;
Company: MercerJob ID R_050929-en Apply
Mercer work with a wide range of clients to help design, plan, and manage customized defined contribution (DC) pension plans and assist with creating and implementing Financial Wellness programs for employees. We align organisational objectives with workforce demographics and employee behaviors to identify how employers can help improve retirement outcomes and the financial health of their employees while meeting workforce management needs.
A DC Analyst will primarily assist consultants in the delivery of DC services to clients for both Trust and Contract based pension schemes, although there will be scope to contribute to broader financial wellness work. You will directly support senior analysts and DC Consultants in the provision of services. You will be involved in producing client-ready reports and consulting materials. You are also expected to continue to develop your technical expertise as well as building project management, delegation, presentation and consulting skills.
We are currently considering candidates who are based in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Bristol, Manchester, London, Birmingham and Woking
- Work with senior colleagues (analysts and consultants) to project manage and co-ordinate DC activities for clients, including those carried out by other business areas
- Start to attend client meetings, supporting senior colleagues and assisting in meeting preparation, including production of meeting papers and supporting management of actions
- Where relevant, keep clients informed of major developments within the industry, proactively raise new ideas that add value to clients and work with senior colleagues to generate related new business
- Expand understanding of client needs and start assisting more senior colleagues in formulating plans to grow revenue and strengthen relationships with clients
- Liaison with providers and investment managers to obtain data and subsequently analyse data received
- Assist in the delivery of strategic advice which can encompass bench-marking, contribution structures, auto-enrollment phasing, scheme design, change required by tax and legislation developments, DC Code of Practice assessments, investment manager structures and selection exercises, investment design and value for money assessments. You will be expected to undertake the first draft of papers
- New business – drafting proposals and scoping documents
- Drafting member communications.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of defined contribution pensions would be a plus but not essential as we have many consultants in the team who started their careers in DB
- Starting a PMI / Chartered Financial Analyst / Actuarial qualification / no qualification but with relevant experience
- Both investment and broader benefits consulting backgrounds are appropriate
- Self-motivation and an ability to work well in a highly collaborative team environment
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and work in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment.
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people. Mercer's 20,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. We strive to develop our staff offering them training, support, progression options and exposure to technical work to help them develop their skill set as well as their career.
At Mercer we are open to agile (flexible and part time) working arrangements for new hires. The aim of our flexible working policy is to enable employees to balance work and home life more effectively, whilst meeting the needs of our business. This is another step towards us being an employer of choice. We encourage you to discuss your requirements with us when you apply for a role (we’re very flexible!).