Pensions Data Project Team Manager
Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
Company: MercerJob ID R_072206-en Apply
Service Delivery Manager - Bristol - Mercer
In an operational environment which could involve delivering projects on behalf of BAU for hundreds of pension scheme clients, the Service Delivery Manager role is pivotal in ensuring that we adopt and follow a consistent operational model, operate in-line with the relevant control environment, and make the most effective use of resources. To achieve this, the Senior Operations Manager will pro-actively drive and co-ordinate activity across several administration teams within the location or across multiple locations in order that:
- Projects are delivered in-line with the relevant service levels and quality standards
- Projects are delivered in line with the defined control environment (including relevant regulations) and that this can be evidenced to internal functions and to support external audit activity
- The DAS team develop and share best practice operating processes and procedure
- Resources are appropriately managed and prioritised across teams to achieve a balance between meeting project demand and maximising revenue opportunities
- The team delivers the expected level of profitability
- People are managed effectively and there are reasonable efforts to build their skills and competence.
Main Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The Service Delivery Manager will manage admin teams at a specific location or across allocated locations and work with the team managers. Their main responsibilities are:
- Ensure that project delivery adheres to our operating principles and models, including all applicable regulatory and Risk & Compliance controls
- Ensure that all required reporting and other MI is produced for all projects, in line with required timescales
- Working with the Senior Manager, ensure that the people plans are current, sound and adhered to. In particular, ensure that both short and medium term demand and resource plans are developed and maintained.
- Work with team managers to agree resource allocation across the team, taking into account workload, specific client issues, and revenue generating projects
- To have ‘people’ responsibilities including recruitment into the teams and associated coordination with HR; and to ensure proper administration, performance management, learning and development and engagement by the team managers within teams
- In conjunction with the Senior Manager, undertake regular reviews of revenue forecasts at portfolio/CRM or Senior Managers/client level and escalating any issues/concerns to CRMs or Senior Managers and Directors (as appropriate within the Core or Bespoke Admin teams)
- Co-ordinate delivery of all DAS projects, liaising with Senior Managers and CRMs to ensure clear communication and to maximise revenue
- Oversee the billing and accrual processes for each project delivery
- Overseeing the management of complaints across the team, ensuring that these are resolved as quickly as possible, and that root/cause analysis is undertaken and findings shared across the teams
- Identify opportunities for offshoring of additional work and liaise with the JLTI team to define and deliver this in a manner that ensures that quality is not compromised
- Work with team managers,Operations Solutions and the various technical teams (as appropriate) to identify potential improvements and to drive these to completion
- Support organisation wide, location specific, or client specific initiatives like team structuring, new implementations, systems enhancements, migrations and introduction of new applications, tools and practices.
- Manage and coordinate relationship with Technology teams where there are specific actions to be managed
Experience and Education Requirements
- Experience of planning and project management
- Significant experience of the control environment that Administration Solutions works within, and of the systems and applications used to manage work activity
- Significant experience of working with JLT systems, in particular Bizflow and Practice Engine
- Very strong working knowledge and experience of occupational pension administration, and of the applicable legislation and regulation
- Good understanding of MI and Operational matrices
- Basic PMI and APMI qualifications
- In-depth knowledge of different types of projects for occupational pension schemes, including data related projects
- Familiarity with the use of various administration systems used within Administration Solutions
- Attention to detail
- Forward planning for resource and change
- Leadership & influence
- Planning & organising
- Commercial awareness
- Relationship building
- Drive & resilience
- Delivering solutions
We are Mercer – award winning experts in insurance, risk management and employee benefits for businesses and individuals.
We are also part of Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) – a global network of experts in risk, strategy and people. With roots dating back to 1871, MMC’s businesses have been helping clients prosper amid changing times, from the Industrial Revolution to the digital age.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
- Driving change & improvement