Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
Company: MercerJob ID R_069407-en Apply
Mercer are currently looking for an experienced Systems Analyst to join their team in Bristol
This role sits within the software development team at the heart of the Employee Benefits business.
We are investing heavily in automation technology to revolutionise our product capability and the way we deliver quality software. We work with a wide range of technologies offering both Cloud and on-premise solutions and have recently transitioned all of our pre-production activity into Microsoft Azure.
The role of the Systems Analyst is to support the realisation of business requirements through the systems development lifecycle, culminating in a documented technical solution for a new or existing business application.
Working collaboratively with product management and the development team, the successful candidate will be a pro-active and motivating team member who will play a role in shaping and defining the future and how we work.
- Working with business areas to extract and understand their requirements for new and existing business applications
- Assist in the technical investigation for new features and development to business applications
- Using analysis concepts, convert business requirements into technical solutions by understanding technical constraints and existing technical architecture/functionality
- Prepare user stories derived from the business requirements
- Present and refine user stories, into agreed acceptance criteria, with the development team
- Work alongside developers to ensure any developments are in line with requirements and are tested to an appropriate level prior to release
- Act as main point of contact for the development team with respect to product management and requirements
- Assist, where necessary, in the building and delivery of test plans associated with any related developments
- Triage and prioritise defects for the team
- Ensure a high level of quality documentation is in place to cover both new developments and changes to existing applications
- Manage a development team backlog in accordance with product management priorities
- Using the team backlog, provide input into sprint and release planning
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role
- Experience of defining requirements, writing use cases and defining system / acceptance tests
- An appreciation of how technical and functional solutions can be combined to provide a total 'fit' to customers' requirements
- Experience in systems development processes
- Proven track record of successful delivery of major software projects
- Extensive experience of working in a project environment
- Sound understanding of the underlying technology concepts required to deliver client solutions
- Experience of agile (SCRUM) development
- A working knowledge of IT architecture principles
- Awareness of test / release automation principles and supporting tools
- Have participated in full lifecycle development on large projects (more than 15 people and longer than 6 months)
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer.
For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today.
Marsh & McLennan Companies & its affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital and civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or belief.