Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
Company: MercerJob ID R_069099-en Apply
Mercer are currently looking for an experienced Test Analyst to join their team in Bristol
This role sits within the software development team at the heart of the Employee Benefits business.
The Test Analyst will work within an Agile (SCRUM) delivery team responsible for the development of features/enhancements to our strategic product portfolio. We operate in a fast paced environment and place high value on Continuous Improvement to drive positive change within our organisation.
We operate a Test Profession Guild and you will have the opportunity to influence working practices and standards across delivery teams through active participation in this community. We are looking for a strong team player who thrives in a collaborative working environment and who is also capable of operating independently as required with minimal supervision.
There is an element of flexible working with this position and after an initial settling in period; you will have the opportunity to work from home 1/2 days per week dependant on the business needs.
- Analysing users stories and acceptance criteria/requirements for validity and feasibility
- Design and develop automation scripts
- Execute tests with the goal of releasable code at the end of each sprint.
- Apply quality engineering principals throughout the Agile product lifecycle
- Ensure defects are identified, tracked, monitored and resolved
- Ensure work activities are undertaken to the required level of quality
- Maintain traceability between source requirements and test artefacts
- Execute test artefacts, record test results and capture test evidence
- Maintain test knowledge base information and regression packs
- Collaborate closely with other team members and departments
- Provide support and documentation
Experience & Education Requirements:
- Demonstrable years of experience in a test automation role
- Knowledge of test management, test automation and performance tooling along with associated delivery frameworks
- Knowledge of multiple testing methodologies
- ISEB Foundation Certification in Software Testing
- Test Driven Development
- Knowledge of test automation frameworks that validate functionality at different levels of the technology stack (e.g. Web Service, GUI, Unit) in SBE Gherkin/SpecFlow/Selenium-WebDriver in C# Visual Studio
- Understanding of Agile techniques (e.g. BDD, TDD)
- Experience of TFS, Visual Studio, VSTS, Coded UI, MTM, SpecFlow, StormRunner, LoadRunner, JMeter or similar tooling
- A good understanding of SQL, C# and object orientated programming techniques
- Microsoft Azure DevOps
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer.
For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today.
Marsh & McLennan Companies & its affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital and civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or belief.