Client Representative - Marsh & McLennan Agency - Minneapolis, MN
Location: Brooklyn Park, Minnesota, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_079867-en Apply
Career Opportunity: Client Representative
Client Representative – Business Insurance – Marsh & McLennan Agency – Minneapolis, MN
Why choose Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA)?
Make a career. Make a difference. When you work at MMA, you’ll experience real opportunities to help people and businesses become more safe, secure, and successful. With MMA, you can create a career that matters.
Interested? Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) located in Minneapolis, MN may be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you’ll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career.
We are currently seeking an individual to fill a full-time position within our Business Insurance team. This individual will be responsible for servicing and retaining an existing book of business which includes marketing and placement of new and renewal accounts. This would include review and processing of policies, marketing of accounts for competitive renewal pricing, issuing certificates of insurance after reviewing contracts; using insurance carrier websites to obtain online quotes for clients; creating proposals; preparing policies for delivery and other day to day tasks as directed by the department manager. Demonstrating leadership and Core MMA values is a requirement as well.
Success in this position requires excellent communication skills, solid customer service skills, the ability to multi-task, work independently, and a can-do attitude. Property and casualty insurance license (can be obtained after hire) required.
Other qualifications are as follows:
- Education Requirement: High school diploma or equivalent is required. College degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years knowledge of commercial insurance industry, laws, products, coverage’s and markets is essential.
- Extensive knowledge of insurance company markets and conditions, binding authority, procedures and underwriting guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills to effectively service customers.
- Ability to proactively manage book of business and to develop healthy relationships in order to retain accounts.
- Ability to negotiate quotations with underwriters and evaluate the clients’ needs.
- Be a self-starter; problem solver with good time management skills and the ability to be organized and meet deadlines.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) provides colleagues the freedom to make a career and difference. We encourage you to explore your curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams. More than just insurance brokers, we believe that a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep employees engaged and productive including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, volunteer opportunities, and other programs.