Claims Assistant - ICAT
Location: Broomfield, Colorado
Company: MarshJob ID COL0008O Apply
The Claims Assistant provides a full range of claims support and customer service for all of Boulder Claim’s operations. The Claims Assistant is responsible for entering new claims, processing claims, providing a free flow of business-critical information including research, reports and project management support. The Claims Assistant will also provide a full range of administrative and clerical support to all company personnel. The Claims Assistant will comply with all claims policy and procedural requirements. The Claims Assistant is responsible for providing excellent customer service to all personnel, customers, vendors, and business partners.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily.
- Processes and files claims within the claims systems, including routine letters of acknowledgement, status and denial.
- Enters new claims in the claim system.
- Processes claim payments.
- Reconciles claims files, payments and prepares standard and summary reports.
- Prepares claim payments and billing statements. Researches and resolves claim payment discrepancies. Assembles all supporting documentation as needed.
- Reconciles claim payments and supports the preparation of standard and ad hoc management reports through information verification, proofreading, assembly and other related activities.
- Updates claim forms and procedural manuals.
- Works on other special projects as needed.
- Researches and follows up on customer complaints and inquiries.
- Provides clerical/administrative support.
- Assists in drafting Claim Department procedures and processes.
- Composes and prepares routine correspondence and presentations.
- Collects, sorts, distributes, and prioritizes correspondence, business client’s requests.
- Organizes and maintains files.
- Schedules and coordinates meetings and maintains calendar.
- Compiles and prepares reports.
- Support project manager including, preparation of documents, and follow-up on timelines and deliverables.
- Attend project meetings and prepare meeting minutes and action items.
- This position has the option to work from home.
- Bachelor’s degree in insurance, business or related field or equivalent experience.
- 1-3 years claims processing experience or related insurance and/or administrative experience at a management level of corporation.
- 1-3 years accounts payable/receivable, accounting and/or finance experience.
- Need to have intermediate/advanced excel skills.
At ICAT, we have a single goal: help business owners and homeowners recover from a disaster.
Since 1998, ICAT has provided catastrophe insurance coverage to home and business owners throughout the United States. From day one through today, we remain a highly specialized, disciplined underwriter of catastrophe property insurance risk.
ICAT has over 200 employees and serves more than 65,000 customers in 42 states through its online quoting system, www.icat.com
ICAT underwrites on behalf of a diverse line up of strong carrier partners and Lloyd's of London syndicates. Claims administration services are provided by ICAT's sister company Boulder Claims. Boulder Claims was founded in 2005 and in its short history has successfully adjusted and settled over 23,000 claims, including claims from Hurricanes Charley, Frances, Ivan, Jeanne, Katrina, Rita, Wilma, Dolly, Gustav and Ike. ICAT is based in Broomfield, CO with additional offices in Tampa and Honolulu.
ICAT is owned by The Schinnerer Group. The Schinnerer Group is one of the largest and most experienced underwriting managers of specialty insurance programs in the world. The Schinnerer Group includes Victor O. Schinnerer & Company and ICAT in the United States, ENCON in Canada and other MGA enterprises globally. For more information on ICAT, visit us at: www.icat.com