Claims Operations Manager - ICAT (ICAT#)
Location: Broomfield, Colorado, United States
Secondary Locations: Kansas City,Missouri,United States;Urbandale,Iowa,United States;Phoenix,Arizona,United States;Salt Lake City,Utah,United States;
Company: MarshJob ID R_081345-en Apply
The Claims Manager is responsible for all operational and personnel functions and issues of Boulder Claims. The Claims Manager provides leadership and direction to the Boulder Claims Supervisors, Examiners, and Administration staff. Responsibilities include claims management, catastrophe response management, workflow planning, proactive identification and resolution of issues that impact workflow, customer service and the fulfillment of claims policy and procedural requirements. The Claims Manager is responsible for providing excellent customer service to policy holders, producers, partners, ICAT, and Boulder Claims personnel.
This position will be located in Broomfield, CO.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily.
- Responsible for the adjustment of property, liability, and catastrophe claims working collaboratively with Field Operations Claims Manager.
- Participate in mediation, arbitration, appraisal, and other legal hearings and proceedings.
- Prepare and maintain accurate individual and aggregate claims activity reports.
- Participate in ICAT underwriting quality and claims reviews.
- Manages claims within operating systems, policies and procedures that achieve the directives of the strategic plans of the business unit and company.
- Negotiates with insureds, public adjusters, attorneys, and other parties representing ICAT insureds.
- Assists with the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategic plans for the business unit. Reviews plans and performance as required to ensure quality, service and financial goals are achieved.
- Develop and provide training.
- Third Party Administrators (TPA) Program Management
- Develop workflows and service standards per TPA client.
- Management reports for TPA clients.
- Business relationship management.
- Assists with the development and deployment of the annual Catastrophe Response Plan, and execute the mock events.
- Assists with the development and implementation of operating systems, policies and procedures that achieve the directives of the strategic plans of the business unit and company.
- Represents the organization to business partners, trade associations and regulatory agencies.
- Manage employees, includes: hiring and individual development, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining, addressing complaints and resolving personnel issues.
- Provide technical leadership and managerial direction to designated personnel.
- Establish initial and ongoing training for personnel to ensure an adequate level of understanding regarding the company’s guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that individual and team performance meets Boulder Claims’ standards of service and quality.
- Work collaboratively with all ICAT personnel and business partners.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all ICAT personnel, business partners, and vendors.
- Provide effective leadership to staff to ensure a complete understanding of ICAT objectives, to maintain a positive work environment and a high level of morale.
- Develop and manage projects. Responsible for defining project scope, resources and achieving deliverables on time and within budget.
- Maintain knowledge of and support ICAT’s company values and strategic plan.
- Must be willing to work extended hours during catastrophe events.
Supervisory Responsibilities: Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ICAT’s policies and applicable laws; responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring, training, planning/assigning/directing work; appraising performance; disciplinary actions; addressing complaints; resolving problems.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in insurance, business or related field or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of five years commercial property and/or catastrophe claims examination processing experience or related insurance experience.
- A minimum of five years managerial experience leading a team of technical and administrative personnel.
- Adjusters License for a minimum of Texas and Florida. Able to obtain reciprocal licensing where required for the business and approved by the state.
Founded in 1998 and based in Broomfield, Colorado, ICAT is a leading provider of property insurance protection to homeowners and businesses located in hurricane- and earthquake-exposed regions of the United States. ICAT draws from highly specialized underwriting expertise and advanced technology tools to offer brokers and their clients market-leading catastrophe coverage. Along with its subsidiary, Boulder Claims, ICAT’s inherent promise to policyholders is to assist people and businesses as they recover from disasters. ICAT programs currently protect over 85,000 homeowners and business owners in catastrophe-exposed regions of the US.