Java Software Engineer II
Location: Broomfield, Colorado, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_039673-en Apply
This position carries out extremely complex analysis and programming as assigned. May code, debug and document programs. Provides project management, systems requirements gathering and documentation, and software quality assurance throughout the full lifecycle of ICAT’s applications.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Consult with ICAT personnel to determine business requirements, functional requirements and input/output requirements.
- Analyze, define and document system requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, interfaces with other systems, auditing and reporting requirements and production configuration.
- Prototype new applications to refine requirements.
- Design and create moderately complex software systems including J2EE applications, relational databases, business applications using SQL, web interfaces to multiple information repositories, data input handling applications, applications to implement business rules and other data processing, web to database communications processes and report generation.
- Provide technical consulting and respond to error reports, problems or questions.
- Monitor the performance of ICAT applications and servers and provide technical support as required.
- Analyze code for potentially untested logic, error-prone assumptions, misunderstood requirements, problem resolution and performance optimizations.
- Work with specialists in business analysis and project management on application quality assurance.
- Create test plans, test data sets and perform automated testing to ensure all components of the system meet specifications.
- Work directly with the ICAT personnel and business partners to resolve issues identified through the testing.
- Formalize test plans and implements testing procedures.
- Provide technical leadership to designated personnel.
- Establish initial and ongoing training for personnel to ensure an adequate level of understanding regarding the company’s guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Ensure that individual and team performance meets ICAT’s standards of service and quality.
- Work collaboratively with all ICAT personnel and business partners.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all ICAT personnel, business partners, and vendors.
- Provide effective leadership to personnel to ensure a complete understanding of ICAT objectives, to maintain a positive work environment and a high level of morale.
- Analyze, install and test commercial software for internal use.
- Write and maintain operational procedures and troubleshooting procedures.
- Maintain knowledge of and support ICAT’s company values and strategic plan
- Additional duties as assigned
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
- At least five years progressive experience:
- Building/maintain application using the Spring MVC stack.
- Debugging complex application logic
- Refactoring and enhancing and integrating to large code bases
- Building and maintaining unit tests, using Junit
- Hibernate and web services(SOAP and/or REST)
Prefered Job Qualifications:
- Front End- Jqery 1.x & Bootstrap
- Middle Tier - Spring MVC 4 and 5, Spring Webflow 2.x, Jackson with Spring Integration for Rest, JaxB for Soap WebServices & Hibernate 5 with Hibernate Search
- Backend - Oracle 12g, MS SQL Server Wildfly 11 & CentOS 7
- ToolChain - Maven 3, Jenkins & JUnit
Founded in 1998 and based in Broomfield, Colorado, ICAT is a leading provider of property insurance protection to homeowners and businesses located in hurricane- and earthquake-exposed regions of the United States. ICAT draws from highly specialized underwriting expertise and advanced technology tools to offer brokers and their clients market-leading catastrophe coverage. Along with its subsidiary, Boulder Claims, ICAT’s inherent promise to policyholders is to assist people and businesses as they recover from disasters. ICAT programs currently protect over 85,000 homeowners and business owners in catastrophe-exposed regions of the US.