Underwriting Services Specialist - ICAT
Location: Broomfield, Colorado, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_060802-en Apply
Underwriting Service Specialist – ICAT
Founded in 1998 and based in Broomfield, Colorado, ICAT is a leading provider of property insurance protection to homeowners and businesses located in hurricane- and earthquake-exposed regions of the United States. ICAT draws from highly specialized underwriting expertise and advanced technology tools to offer brokers and their clients market-leading catastrophe coverage. Along with its subsidiary, Boulder Claims, ICAT’s inherent promise to policyholders is to assist people and businesses as they recover from disasters. ICAT programs currently protect over 85,000 homeowners and business owners in catastrophe-exposed regions of the US. To learn more about ICAT please visit our website at ICAT.com.
ICAT has an opportunity to join our company as an Underwriting Service Specialist. Please read further for the details. This is an excellent opportunity to join the ICAT team in an entry level position and learn more about us. Be sure to check out our website at ICAT.com!
- Helps identify opportunities to offer solutions to existing client/broker (in the UK) accounts by evaluating applicant situations and analyzing insurance risk.
- Assists with reviewing and analyzing submissions under moderate supervision.
- Calculates risk of loss by studying rate tables, codes, computer records and references to help determine appropriate terms and conditions for coverage.
- Supports the issuing of insurance policies by calculating premium rates; developing insurance terms and conditions with brokers, and examining insurable conditions in accordance with underwriting policy.
- Assists with identifying new business opportunities to generate new accounts.
- Communicates internally and externally to obtain information, quote rates, and explain company policy to support the underwriting process on low to moderately complex client/broker (in the UK) accounts.
- Collects and analyzes information on all new and existing insurance applications to support the development of new business.
- Coordinates with other departments to help prepare insurance underwriting information with regard to policy intent, interpretation and the course of action on existing claims.
Preferred Job Qualifications
- BA degree in insurance, business or related field preferred
- 1 to 2 years underwriting support and/or customer service experience preferred
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).