Underwriting Services Specialist - ICAT
Location: Broomfield, Colorado, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_043712-en Apply
Underwriting Services Specialist – ICAT
Founded in 1998 and based in Broomfield, Colorado, ICAT is a leading provider of property insurance protection to homeowners and businesses located in hurricane- and earthquake-exposed regions of the United States. ICAT draws from highly specialized underwriting expertise and advanced technology tools to offer brokers and their clients market-leading catastrophe coverage. Along with its subsidiary, Boulder Claims, ICAT’s inherent promise to policyholders is to assist people and businesses as they recover from disasters. ICAT programs currently protect over 85,000 homeowners and business owners in catastrophe-exposed regions of the US.ICAT has an opportunity to join our team as an Underwriting Services Specialist. Please read to learn more about this opportunity.
The Underwriting Services Manager I (USM I) provides a limited range of underwriting support and customer service for ICAT Online. The USM I is responsible for general insurance policy lifecycle processing, and for creating and maintaining productive producer relationships as well as providing excellent customer service to agency and ICAT staff. The USM is expected to proactively and effectively plan and manage their work assignments in order to meet service standards.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Obtains a general understanding of the market for ICAT’s products and services. Communicates issues related to producers, agency personnel, production, quality, and ICAT’s products and services activity to the Supervisor, Lead, Underwriter or Relationship Manager in a timely and accurate manner, via SalesForce or direct contact.
- Responds to producer requests via phone, email, and live chat correspondence.
- Effectively utilizes SalesForce data and other office metrics to effectively negotiate with producers.
- Processes new and renewal policies, cancellations and reinstatements, endorsements and inspection reviews to achieve individual, team and company premium, service and quality standards.
- Fills in for other team members to ensure business continuity during peak periods and/or when team members are unavailable.
- Gathers and compiles information required to quote, and/or bind an account.
- Conducts inspection review and analysis resulting in appropriate issue identification, recommendations and follow up actions to resolve such issues.
- Manages a high volume of workflow while maintaining accuracy and a high level of detail.
- Operates within defined underwriting authority as outlined in the USM authority matrix.
- Understands and adheres to ICAT’s underwriting processing, underwriting guidelines and underwriting file documentation.
- Understands the functionality of all underwriting systems (automated and manual) and utilizes these systems as required.
- Demonstrates basic understanding of technical underwriting principles and risk underwriting characteristics.
- Understands and uses policy form structure, products and coverages effectively.
- Begins to learn market dynamics, competitive landscape, and product differences.
- Maintains knowledge of and supports ICAT’s company values and strategic plan.
- Additional duties as assigned
Preferred Job Qualifications
- BA degree in insurance, business or related field preferred
- 1 to 2 years underwriting support and/or customer service experience preferred.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Able to sit and work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time
- Able to stoop, kneel, bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis
- Able to perform general office administrative activities: copying, filing, delivering and using the telephone
- Able to lift up to 25 pounds occasionally
- May be asked to travel occasionally
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).