Junior Sales Support Employee Benefits
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Company: MarshJob ID R_049806-en Apply
ABOUT MERCER MARSH BENEFITS
Mercer Marsh Benefits reflects the combined expertise, capabilities and resources that Mercer — a leader in health, wealth and careers — and Marsh — a leader in innovative insurance and risk management — bring together under a unique global platform to solve relevant client issues and challenges. Throughout our business, 7,200+ benefits specialists serve clients with global consistency and locally tailored solutions, addressing clients’ needs in more than 150 countries worldwide.
Mercer Marsh Benefits provides their clients of all sizes with a single source for managing the costs, risks and complexities of their employee benefits and reward programs.
At Mercer Marsh Benefits, the challenges of our clients and their employees are at the heart of what we do. We are passionate about protecting their health, well-being and business performance and will continue to focus on delivering service excellence, simplified program management, cost sustainability, innovative solutions and creative services.
Mercer Marsh Benefits Belgium is now looking to strengthen their team in Brussels (Auderghem) with an MMB Client Support. In direct collaboration with our consultants, clients, and carriers, you will be in charge of the technical and commercial support for our consultative brokerage of employee benefits products.
An MMB Client Support can expect to:
- Act as a subject matter expert in employee benefit products, services, technical tools, basic legislation and fiscal implications, and carrier markets. This includes developing relationships with vendors in order to understand and compare products and services being offered;
- Develop an awareness of the insurance vendor marketplace, plan designs, employee benefits cost factors, and the renewal process for employee benefit plans;
- Conduct market studies, commercial propositions, summaries/comparisons of plans, benchmarking and analysis of statistics;
- Work alongside consultants in reviewing client needs, recommending suitable approaches, and helping implement employee benefit program strategies. This includes assisting the researching, strategizing and implementation of client solutions;
- Participate in the preparation of placement offers, follow the progress of contractual documents, act as the direct point-of-contact with the vendor in the evolution of contracts and respond to client demands and questions;
- Assist in the development of client communications, proposals, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations;
- Report the evolution of contracts of global clients within the internal global management program.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree;
- A strong command of at least two of the following languages: Dutch, French, and English;
- Minimum of one to three years of industry or related experience (experience in insurance preferred);
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding environment;
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic team;
- Demonstrates quantitative/mathematical and analytical skills;
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and knowledge of other Microsoft Office Tools (PowerPoint, Word)
- Demonstrates ability to drive results, take initiative with intellectual curiosity, and willingness to learn.