Client Advisor - FINPRO
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Company: MarshJob ID R_050945-en Apply
FINPRO Client Advisory and Placement Brokers provide actionable insights, technical expertise and education, innovative solutions and creative placement capabilities to our valued clients, and effectively collaborate with colleagues in support of our go to market strategy.
A FINPRO Client Advisory and Placement Broker is fully accountable for the procurement of the FINPRO lines of coverage. Has responsibility for fostering and growing client relationships, acquiring new clients and development of product innovations to provide superior client solutions.
- Build and maintain effective and sustainable relationships with colleagues and clients on an enterprise-wide basis and interaction with key decision makers.
- Based upon a thorough understanding of the clients\prospects industry/business sector, activities and products\services, determination of their risk profile, priorities and risk management philosophy - develop solutions that address their specific needs.
- Demonstrate strategic and tactical leadership in the development and placement of client solutions including active participation with placement; demonstrates effective negotiation skills and effective market relationships.
- Responsible for team awareness and compliance with all Marsh Excellence & Professional Standards initiatives and protocols including compliance and transparency to minimize risk to the firm.
- Engagement of the Marsh Senior Relationship Officer (SRO) pro-actively in respect of client issues, growth opportunities and Pricing of Services (POS).
- Present renewal strategies and\or new business proposals to existing or prospective clients.
- Implement and maintain a quality post-placement plan including ensuring the accuracy of binders, policies and other relevant documents as well as the management of all outstanding issues to ensure the efficacy of complete service delivery.
- Conduct renewal strategy sessions with the client on an annual basis via analysis and explanation of their risk profile, and discussion of industry trends and market conditions in order to develop strategic options which can be successfully implemented in support of the client’s stated objectives
- Generate growth through existing clients and client referrals in accordance with the business growth plan and our centre of influence strategy
- Collaborate broadly across the organization to be able to understand, manage and deliver, ‘Best in Class’ intellectual capital/insights and service to clients while contributing to the internal network that builds and shares sales and placement information.
- To be fluent in the capabilities of Marsh, it’s various operating groups and specialties as well as the MMC family of firms.
- Participate in business-related community and/or professional associations to develop effective Centres of Influence.
- Provide leadership, guidance and mentorship to colleagues in other areas or developmental positions.
- Other duties as required.
- 5 years+ experience in commercial insurance
- Post-secondary education or equivalent work experience within an insurance and risk consulting environment, preferably including one or more insurance related designations or degrees
- Hold appropriate license - RIBO
- Strong business acumen including a well-rounded knowledge of general business function, finance and risk
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, with the confidence and ability to interact at all levels of the organization, notably the ‘C’ Suite.
- Strong organizational skills in prioritizing work, multi-tasking and consistently collaborating in order to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated initiative to be proactive.
- Results oriented with a strong client service orientation and proactive in solving client needs with a sense of urgency and pace in all client matters.
- Effective team player.
- Computer literate with proficiency in excel, wording processing and Powerpoint as well as in-house proprietary financial and sales-reporting systems (Salesforce an asset)
- Ethically beyond reproach
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, Marsh will provide a reasonable accommodation to employees and prospective employees to the point of undue hardship upon request and as required in respect of the individual’s particular restrictions and limitations. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability or a medical need, feel free to contact Claudia Walter at (514) 841 7880 or Claudia.email@example.com
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration.
Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.