Location: Chandler, Arizona, United States
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_081342-en Apply
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in 50+ cities across nearly 30 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 5,000 professionals around the world who help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. For more information, visit www.oliverwyman.com.
Why Join Us?
Our work is marked by lasting impact for clients. By consistently producing results, we have earned a reputation for quality work and attractive career opportunities
• Global reach with revenues exceeding $2 billion in 2018
• More client exposure and significant international opportunities
• Extremely attractive compensation for performance
• A company that is committed to work-life balance and having fun
• A springboard to the most exciting future career opportunities
Automotive & Manufacturing Industries
Oliver Wyman works for the world's leading auto manufacturers (OEMs), suppliers (Tier 1 and 2), and service providers (dealers, downstream businesses), as well as private equity firms and investment banks. Together with our clients, we develop and implement value growth strategies, customer solutions, product strategies, operational excellence initiatives, and change management programs - with an overall objective of building and protecting brand value. Our deep industry expertise and our specialized capabilities make Oliver Wyman a leader in serving the needs of the automotive industry.
Technical Analyst Role
The Technical Analyst position is an entry-level analyst opening in the Automotive & Manufacturing Industries Harbour Practice based in our Detroit office. It is ideal for candidates with an engineering background to gain business experience as well as non-engineers with backgrounds in statistics or mathematics. The successful candidate will spend approximately 90% of the time as an analyst for the Harbour Report®. The Harbour Report® is the world’s leading publication of manufacturing productivity in the automotive industry. This role will initially be data-heavy as the analyst will assist the rest of the team with organizing, querying, validating, and analyzing data submitted via an in-house database application. Other functions will include secondary research, creating models in Excel and developing slides for executive presentations.
In time, the role will become highly visible within the manufacturing groups of our clients and the candidate will become an expert in the automotive industry with a specific expertise in manufacturing strategy. The technical analyst will provide research support to our consulting staff on a variety of engagements and get opportunities to interact with Harbour Report® clients on a daily basis as well as present to management. The candidate must feel comfortable working with various stakeholders to design appropriate studies, conduct appropriate and thorough analyses, develop prudent and supported recommendations, and present findings.
The role will work very closely with a small and tight knit group. It is an extremely collaborative position requiring a candidate who is a team player and has the ability to contribute expertise and adopt input from others. The technical analyst position is a client facing role requiring outstanding professionalism and interpersonal skills. The ability to represent the firm to a multi-national client base is crucial.
• Undergraduate degree from leading university with strong academic performance
• Capable of coordinating and managing multiple workstreams
• Ability to work well under tight deadlines
• Creative problem solver
• Maintain data integrity and accuracy and use data to identify and solve problems
• Willing to work with data in many tables for extended periods
• Entrepreneurial and enthusiastic spirit with high personal initiative – self-directed
• Proficient in MS Office with advanced Excel capability (ex. macros, pivot tables)
• Work well in a team environment with minimal management layers
• Willing to travel domestically and internationally, as required, to support our clients (5-15%)
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
• Leadership skills
• All candidates must meet the following two criteria:
• Possess a passion for automotive industry (or manufacturing in general)
• Possess a passion for analytics
• Relevant experience (industry or educational) with any of the following:
o Statistics and probabilities
Coding language like Python or R
o Regression analysis
• Experience with manufacturing operations
• Automotive industry experience
• Knowledge of lean manufacturing, industrial engineering and manufacturing engineering
• Fluency in second language