Pricing & Scoping Analyst
Location: New York, New York, United States
Secondary Locations: Charlotte,North Carolina,United States;Washington,District of Columbia,United States;
Company: MercerJob ID R_053399-en Apply
Pricing & Scoping Analyst
The Pricing & Scoping Analyst will work within the Commercial Effectiveness Center of Excellence team, directly supporting the Global Pricing and Scoping Leader to drive business performance and operating results. The Pricing and Scoping Analyst will provide support to client teams to define pricing strategy and billing rates.
- Partner with Mercer client teams on opportunities by conducting research and analysis
- Provide analytical and operational support to the Commercial COE team
- Conduct research on client companies using external published sources and Mercer information
- Support the global billing rate development process
- Position is physically located at Mercer’s New York City, Washington D.C or Charlotte offices.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business, economics, statistics, or mathematics; prefer an analytics-based degree
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Strong business acumen and understanding of operational metrics, including sales analytics, client profitability and pricing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and comfortable communicating with senior executives, clients and staff
- Intellectual curiosity, seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite with strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.