Senior Cloud Engineer/DevOps
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Secondary Locations: Charlotte,North Carolina,United States;Westlake,Texas,United States;Atlanta,Georgia,United States;
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_048364-en Apply
- Engineer and implement new cloud technology solutions, primarily focus on public cloud.
- Obtain and maintain an in-depth understanding of AWS and Azure public cloud technology to ensure all appropriate options are considered to support business initiatives
- Act as a consultant and subject matter expert for Project Managers, Software and Engineering teams, to resolve technical deployment obstacles and improve the product's vision
- Work closely with multiple Project Management and Software Engineering teams on understanding ways to improve IaaS and PaaS services
- Be an advocate for our customers in representing their issues to Leadership and develop innovative ways to resolve issues
- Provide secondary support to private cloud, VMWare vRA/vRO environment and development efforts.
- AWS public cloud experience in development and architecture. AWS DevOps Certification required, however strong experience with desire to complete certification will be considered.
- Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), including but not limited to core IaaS (IAM, VPC, EC2, S3, EBS, ELB) and native AWS Services (Lambda, AWS Config, EMR, Athena)
- Experience with SOAP and REST APIs to support integration of infrastructure, cloud and platform as a service technologies
- Experience with containers and container orchestration, Kubernetes and Docker, including lifecycle management of containers
- Knowledge of web, security, and networking protocols, private cloud or on prem solution architecture experience.
- Experience with web-based applications and/or web services-based applications
- A commitment to best practices and striving for the elimination of manual operational processes to promote a DevOps oriented software delivery model
- Hands-on experience with VMware VSphere and VRealize Automation Platform, specifically experience with VRealize Orchestrator a plus.
- Prior experience with implementing enterprise cloud management platforms.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.