Commercial Account Handler - Jelf
Location: Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Company: MarshJob ID R_046079-en Apply
· Based in Cheltenham
· A good exposure to a high level client portfolio to provide an efficient service in implementation, service, and maintenance of the clients’ insurance programmes
· High level of engagement within a team of Account Handlers providing support to Account Executives in managing Commercial clients
We are inviting passionate and highly driven Insurance professionals to join our Global Commercial Insurance Network, united by a collaborative culture that transcends business units and borders. Our team is based in Cheltenham and will see you working with a variety of clients across the landscape.
Why will you love this role?
You will be providing day-to-day Account Handling services to commercial clients of Jelf across the UK. Working as part of the broader team, your ability to build local relationships and partnerships with clients, insurers, and the business will be essential to your success.
In this role you will be:
- Ensuring documentation issued from Insurers is accurate, invoices, broking submissions, client registers, and all other administration tasks as required in a manner that is compliant with business procedures. This will ensure all business activities are logged to ensure all revenue is accurately recorded and documented, including providing relevant information to the sales team.
- Maintaining an existing portfolio of commercial clients in the form of dealing with day-to-day queries, rebroking, midterm adjustments, renewals, loan processing, etc. You will also be managing all relationships with key clients and stakeholders within the Jelf business.
- Handling a diverse multi-class such as commercial combined, professional indemnity, motor fleet, travel/personal accident, construction, marine, cyber liability, management liability, excess layers, etc. An essential part of the role is to be the first point of contact for clients. This includes building and maintaining excellent rapport and responding to clients’ queries in a timely and accurate manner. You will be expected to prioritize your workload and requests from clients.
- Undertaking any reasonable tasks requested by the Team Manager or other senior officials of the Jelf business. This includes attending internal meetings and active contribution in issues discussed to pave the way for continued success within the business.
- Proven experience in an account handling capacity (Commercial)
- Ideally Cert CII or working towards it
- Working knowledge or exposure to Acturis
- Strong networking skills and the ability to build relationships both internally and externally through investing time in understanding our business
- Highly self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with diverse backgrounds and the capability to work independently
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic range of tasks
We are Jelf – award winning experts in insurance, risk management and employee benefits for businesses and individuals.
Our deep knowledge of both the industry sectors and communities we serve means we can offer advice and solutions that meet our clients' needs today, anticipate what they need tomorrow, and help question if there’s an even better way.
Jelf recently joined forces with Bluefin, bringing together two leading insurance brokers and client advisory businesses. A newly transformed business built on decades of experience with the same purpose, dependability and commitment to excellent service.
We're also part of Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) – a global network of experts in risk, strategy and people. With roots dating back to 1871, MMC’s businesses have been helping clients prosper amid changing times, from the Industrial Revolution to the digital age.
Our strength is our expertise and the relationships we build – powerful industry insight and total commitment to our clients and the communities we serve across the UK. And our purpose is simple: helping businesses and individuals thrive through understanding.
MMC offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension, employee assistance program, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.