Compliance Attorney - Employee Health & Benefits - MMA St Louis, MO
Location: Chesterfield, Missouri, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_040399-en Apply
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn’t your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) located in St. Louis, MO may be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you’ll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement.
Our talented colleagues work hard to make a difference in the moments that matter for our clients, communities and each other. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career.
Responsible for consulting with clients about health reform, ERISA matters, HIPAA, COBRA, Section 125, employment and labor law. Serving as a resource for employee benefits team in these matters, including training sessions, client seminars, writing articles and overseeing the delivery of fee based compliance services to clients.
- Function as resource to Group Benefits department by providing research of technical benefit related issues as directed.
- Review plan documents and summary plan descriptions as necessary.
- Provide written recommendations and guidance as related to plan amendments.
- Responsible for legislative updates to clients as well as MMA as necessary.
- Prepare fact sheets, articles and webinars as needed.
- Act as ongoing resource for client report generation.
- Attend team and departmental meetings as scheduled.
- Participate in national compliance calls and committees.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS); or equivalent combination of education and training. Law Degree preferred.
- 3 years of experience as an attorney, specializing in ERISA, healthcare, benefits or employment law.
- Life/Health insurance license required. Industry certifications and/or designations preferred including CEBS, HIIA, etc.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) firmly believes it is the character and commitment of our people that make a difference in the moments that matter. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams. More than just insurance brokers, we believe that a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep employees engaged and productive.
If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering excellent service, we are interested in hearing from you.