Employee Health & Benefits Account Manager - MMA Chesterfield-Maryville, MO
Location: Chesterfield, Missouri, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_046535-en Apply
You spend more time working than virtually anything else. Isn’t your time worth more than just a paycheck? If so, J.W. Terrill a Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) located in Chesterfield, MO may be the place for you. As an MMA colleague, you’ll get personal and professional development, a driven and entrepreneurial team-oriented environment, and leaders at all levels who are committed to maintaining high levels of colleague engagement.
Our talented colleagues work hard to make a difference in the moments that matter for our clients, communities and each other. Discover how much is possible as you grow or advance your career.
The Employee Health & Benefits AccountManager actively manages an assigned book of business working in conjunction with the Employee Benefits Consultant and assigned service team to ensure each client’s employee benefit plan needs and agreed upon service expectations are met.
The essential functions of the Account Manager are as follows:
Proactive Account Management
- Develop effective relationships with assigned clients with a focus on the day-to-day employee benefits and/or human resources department. This may include in-person visits, entertainment opportunities, telephone and electronic communications.
- Develop a strong understanding of health & welfare benefit products, services, technical tools, and vendor/carrier markets.This includes J.W. Terrill tools and services as well as developing relationships with vendors/carriers in order to understand and compare available products and services.
- Work with client and Consultant to develop annual Written Service Timeline based on agreed upon goals, objectives, and services to be provided.
- Actively manage Written Service Timeline activities and deliverables including coordination of third party vendors and internal J.W. Terrill team members.
- Act as primary contact for all day-to-day service issues and other inquiries for all assigned clients; act as liaison between client and vendors/carriers to resolve issues and identify process improvement opportunities.
- Track, manage, and document open issues keeping the client and Consultant informed on status and ultimate resolution.
- Coordinate, participate in, and/or lead client meetings and presentations including annual Stewardship Report for all Client Partner accounts. Ensure accurate notes are taken and maintained for follow-up and maintenance of comprehensive client history documentation.
- Effectively prioritize and manage needs of multiple clients within assigned book of business on a daily basis.
Managing Client Renewals and Marketing Projects
- Assist Consultant and/or Account Executive with development of renewal and marketing strategy.
- Coordinate marketing projects by gathering required employee and plan documentation such as census data, experience data, current and proposed plan design information.
- Analyze and compare carrier quotes; support negotiation of rates by the Consultant and/or Account Executive; coordinate preparation and delivery of renewal / marketing presentation.
- Manage renewal timeline to ensure timely execution of client decisions.
- Coordinate with client and carriers to ensure timely and efficient renewal and/or implementation of employee coverage.
- Coordinate development of employee communication strategy and preparation of communication materials.
- Coordinate and lead employee meetings as needed; preparing accurate information for employee meetings and providing timely delivery of such information; presenting benefits information to clients’ employees in a professional manner – including all lines of coverage and services provided; Coordinating with client in scheduling employee meetings to ensure participation from insurance carriers or other vendors as needed.
- Review client contracts and policies for accuracy.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience along with 3-5 years of experience in the welfare benefits plan industry working for an employer, insurer/administrator, consultant, or broker. The candidate should also have a Missouri Brokers License.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) firmly believes it is the character and commitment of our people that make a difference in the moments that matter. We are always seeking those with ethics, talent, and ambition who are interested in joining our client-focused teams. More than just insurance brokers, we believe that a business culture that supports a healthy, safe work environment does so by offering the right benefits, programs, policies and opportunities to keep employees engaged and productive.
If you are a committed professional with a passion for delivering excellent service, we are interested in hearing from you.