Chief Technology Officer
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Company: MarshJob ID CHI0045H Apply
Chief Technology Officer – Marsh ClearSight
Marsh ClearSight is a global cloud-based solution technology, analytics and data service solutions company focusing on the needs of the insurance industry. We are a Top 10 ranked Claims and Management Solutions provider. As a member of our leadership team, the next Chief Technology Officer will be charged with creating our technology strategy and have the responsibility to design, architect and build our Company’s current and future client facing technology platforms.
Reporting to the CEO, this is a strategic and yet tactical role requiring significant business acumen and solid technology experience.
- Provide vision and create Marsh ClearSight’s technology strategy in alignment with business objectives and revenue goals
- Drive Marsh ClearSight Technology strategic planning process and manage technology initiatives globally.
- Define and deliver the product roadmap collaborating with internal and external partners, with a client-first mindset
- Establish enterprise architecture charter and organization to achieve set objectives and drive standardized architecture and technology across Marsh ClearSight
- Drive technology research and roadmap that best meets Marsh ClearSight’s technology requirements today and in future.
- Be in tune with client need and convert client need into successful technology solutions
- Review current client-facing technologies and anticipate corrective action
- Develop and drive digital transformation and deliver highly scalable digital platforms, advancing cloud-based Software-as-a-Service offerings and features
- Be an inspirational leader and develop a team of highly talented and proactive technologists to aid in the technology transformation
- Evangelize and engage with industry bodies, client advisory boards and technical forums to share and learn best practices
- Champion agile transformation, automation and self-service across the global capabilities
The successful candidate must possess a combination of strategic thought leadership, deep technology and product expertise, superior leadership skills and the ability to collaborate in a highly matrixed environment. This person must possess a career with increased responsibility in a combination of architecture, engineering, software development and network infrastructure systems and digital.
- 15 or more years of digital and distributed technology experience with a proven track record of developing global and highly scalable platforms
- Turnaround experience with expertise working across different geographies
- Have strong business acumen and experienced working in client-facing roles
- Take a common sense approach to developing technology to solve client issues
- Strategic mindset with ability to collaborate and build relationships with different constituents
- Known as a change agent with solid communications and influencing skills
- Proven experience managing a team of global colleagues and managing a significant budget
- Capability to build strategic partnership with innovation delivering commercial benefits
Marsh ClearSight is the global leader in technology, analytics, and data service solutions across risk, safety and claims management for many of the world's largest corporations. A business unit of Marsh LLC, Marsh ClearSight supports more than 750 customers in 25 countries and has a trusted data store of over 60 million claims amassed through decades of operation. With the industry’s single largest risk database, Marsh ClearSight uniquely enables its customers to accurately analyze trends, gain industry insights, optimize decision-making, and reduce costs across the entire risk lifecycle.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.