Executive Assistant - Team Lead
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_086040-en Apply
Mercer is seeking candidates for the following position based in our Chicago, Illinois office:
Executive Assistant - Team Lead
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs
What can you expect?
- You will manage workflow coordination for the team; sends out coverage notes to organize coverage as appropriate, delegates overflow work
- You will provide coaching and guidance to Administrative Assistants to improve performance and ensure business needs are met consistently
What is in it for you?
- Work for a global company with excellent benefits and a dynamic culture
- You will support 3-4 Executives
- You will have opportunities for growth within the role
- This role offers great work/life balance
We will count on you to:
- Conducts mid- and year-end performance reviews for the assigned Administrative Assistants to facilitate professional development
- Coordinate and arrange meetings and schedules (including booking travel) within an extremely fast paced, professional environment
- Draft, edit, and proofread client reports and communications, PowerPoint presentations, and Excel reports adhering to Mercer standards
- Follows Mercer billing and expenses procedures in a timely and precise manner
- Proactively looks for solutions to problems and/or process improvements
What you need to have:
- 4 plus years of prior experience in professional services environment ideally in a leadership capacity
- Excellent time management skills; must be a self-starter, proactive, responsive, and resourceful
- Excellent communicator and mediator across all levels of management in a diverse environment with the ability to build relationships
- Detail oriented, high level of accuracy in work product, with exemplary organizational skills, and meets commitments/deliverables
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, especially Outlook and PowerPoint
What makes you stand out:
- People development experience
- Previous Executive exposure
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.