Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_051105-en Apply
Are you able to see beyond the status quo? Do you have the skills and experience to advise business leaders in the world's premier HR consulting organization? We are seeking an HR Leader to provide overall HR leadership for one of Mercer's US businesses including change management, M&A, organization design, target operating model plus all phases of the employee lifecycle.
- Identifies HR challenges to the business plan over the medium and long term and gains buy-in from senior teams to ensure the success of the HR agenda and quantify business benefits
- Uses data insights to make recommendations for improving organizational performance
- Provide strategic support for the business/geography by partnering in the development of a talent management strategy to support employee engagement around succession, planning, development and coaching with the Talent Management and Diversity Center of Expertise.
- Oversee and provide experience/expertise in all employee Relations and Legal.
- Partner with business/function leaders to drive the performance management process and to identify and champion career development needs within the business/function in partnership with the Rewards Center of Expertise.
- Translate broad, longer-term vision and objectives into specific milestones and goals, and leads project teams of 5-7 colleagues to deliver key HR initiatives for the business
- Drive communication to help facilitate the change management process through the business in support of assisting employees in understanding and supporting the organizational changes.
- Create, implement and support competitive attraction/retention strategies for the business in partnership with the Staffing and Rewards Centers of Expertise.
- Advises and consults on the staffing strategy and hiring decisions of leaders and other key strategic positions in partnership with business/geography leadership.
- Oversees the appropriate application and consultation of rewards guidelines.
- Assesses business needs for rewards strategy, and partner with the Rewards COE to develop appropriate incentive compensation vehicles to support the behaviors that will deliver business results.
- Engage business leaders in non-traditional approaches and practices with the ability to influence multiple parties.
- Fosters a climate of inclusion, where diverse thoughts are freely shared and integrated to develop plans and solutions that are best suited to the circumstances.
- Applies experience and knowledge to generate creative solutions to solve highly complex or ambiguous issues and puts them into action. Serves as an ambassador of the brand by educating and leading others to understand why Mercer is the employer of choice.
- BA/BS degree in Human Resources, Business or related studies
- 8+ years of progressive HR experience, including leadership of projects or people
- Experience leading business transformation in large enterprise - Experience with effective change management in complex environments
- Experience collaborating on regional and global issues and processes
- Ability to influence key stakeholders within and across the organization by utilizing strong relationship management and negotiation skills
- Ability to cultivate relationships at multiple levels and across key stakeholder groups to develop plans and deliver solutions that are best suited to the circumstances
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor under pressure, and operate with a keen sense of urgency and commitment to quality
- Ability to use business acumen to exercise good judgment and decision-making when managing business decisions, including conflict situations that lack clear solutions
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with colleagues at all levels
- Possess expert knowledge in Employee Relations and Legal matters
- Understands global policies and procedures and has the ability to implement effectively at the Regional Level
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer. Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.