Senior Manager - Onsite Technical Support
Location: Chicago, Illinois, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_049346-en Apply
Senior Manager, Onsite Technical Support – Midwest Central Region
Are you a Leader who can mobilize people to perform their best? Have you been recognized for your exemplary leadership skills, innovative approach to problem solving and best-in-class operations management? Showcase your skills in this very visible role where you will provide expert IT advice and consultation, meet regularly with Operating Companies’ leadership, lead and develop a team of colleagues in the Midwest Central region while managing support for all office technologies.
If you are interesting in taking your career to a new level where exceptional performance is recognized by career progression, we would like to hear from you.
- Manage and map stakeholder engagement
- Meet with office leadership/key stakeholders on a regular basis
- Ensure materials are prepared for meetings and discussions are documented
- Participate in local offices Leadership meetings as appropriate
- Provide expert advice and consultation to colleagues
- Escalate strategic issues and requests
- Act as the Senior IT Management within the Chicago Market.
- Manage operational support staff, internal staff and external vendor support groups
- Manage an effective organizational structure, ensuring skills and talent are available to meet business requirements
- Manage a total staff of 18 people – develop and ensure a high performing team
- Deliver services within agreed timeframes or SLAs
- Ensure infrastructure systems are maintained in accordance with Service Owner guidelines and are in compliance with Business Continuity agreements
- Ensure staff follows Operational Guidelines, principles, and processes as defined by Senior Management
- Collaborate with peers /Senior Managers to define, enhance, improve and adhere to defined processes
- Conduct, periodic reviews to ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines, IT/operating company policies and best practices within IT industry standards including reducing risk in the environment
- Help produce and manage market budgets, account for delivering favorable budget results
- Escalate incidents and questions to appropriate support groups and follows-up with customers to ensure satisfaction
- Handle escalations from Senior Management and Business leaders
- Actively engage colleagues on major incidents, assisting in driving resolution times down and enhancing business communications
- Represent department and participates in local/regional project work
- Oversee local “projects” such as moves, acquisitions, etc.
- Engage PMO/other Service Towers on, forecasting actuals on budgets
- Engage and execute on activities to deliver projects
- Engage decision making to determine outcome of factors for project executions and delivery
- Use corporate Incident Management System, to actively manage the support function on the resolution of service requests and incidents
- Use Corporate Asset Management Tool to actively manage accurate hardware and software records for corporate assets
- Review, approve and manage changes using the Corporate Toolset
- Perform time tracking tasks as required, to ensure resources are allocated correctly to business requirements
- Approve financial spend of items within the relevant budget; for example, travel, hardware and software and maintenance contracts
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technology related discipline or have the work related equivalent and training
- Proven experience managing a team of 15 or more people
- Minimum of 10+ years of related work experience
- Knowledge of desktop operating systems and software and hardware
- Proven strong management skills and operations experience leading a technical support function in a large, complex environment
- Demonstrable leadership capabilities and collaboration skills
- Innovative, strategic thinker and problem solver
- Experienced project manager with strong financial management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience interfacing with senior leadership and stakeholders
- Solid communications skills coupled with superior customer service mentality
- Travel will be required within Midwest Central region
- Occasional evening or weekend work may be required
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world’s leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 63,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
Marsh & McLennan Companies Corporate serves as an internal business function providing infrastructure and operational services to our family of companies. Through a shared vision and best practices, we provide efficient and sustainable solutions to meet internal customer business needs.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.