Vice President of Sales
Location: New York, New York, United States
Secondary Locations: Chicago,Illinois,United States;
Company: MercerJob ID R_055008-en Apply
VP of Sales
The role’s primary responsibility is to manage direct sales of Mercer’s Workday and ServiceNow deployment services across a large specified geographic area, or for a specific industry or product segment on a national or geographic basis.
This incredible opportunity is focused on leading, coaching and mentoring a team of Account Executives selling HCM & Finance applications into prospective Enterprise Workday and ServiceNow customers. As a highly visible leadership position within the organization, the role requires an individual who has demonstrable experience of consistent sales leadership, preferably in the business applications market.
A successful Vice President of Sales will demonstrate a strong ability to drive account development, pipeline generation activities and manage an equitable territory distribution model where team members each have the opportunity to achieve their sales goals. In this role they will need to develop, coach, and train the sales executives on how to achieve sales excellence. They will also be highly capable of developing and managing executive relationships by conducting business driven discussions, whilst also lead negotiation planning, strategy and execution.
- Understand the competitive landscape and customer needs so you can effectively position Workday and ServiceNow together or individually
- Provide support for marketing activities and events
- Cultivate mutually beneficial relationships with strategic partners
- Prior experience managing a team of business application sales executives, preferably in a ERP environment
- Ability to understand and effectively explain the benefits of an on-demand/web services or SaaS architecture. Ability to position XaaS (PaaS, IaaS, etc)
- Experience as a leader in a team selling environment
- Proven ability in managing complex sales cycles from start to finish with a track record of successful revenue attainment
- A strong understanding of project life cycles and project implementation methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven experience in negotiating contracts to completion.
- Familiarity with consultative selling methodologies
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to work in a dynamic environment
- Minimum of 10 years enterprise software sales experience successfully selling solutions at the C-level including 2+ years of direct sales management experience
- Experience managing and building a team of successful SaaS and/or Cloud sales professionals
- Proven leadership ability to influence, develop and empower employees to achieve objectives with a team approach
- Strong track record of exceeding company sales quotas in a complex sales environment
- Proven expertise with teaching, coaching and training sales methodologies
- Strong written, verbal, presentation and organizational skills
- Willing to travel as needed throughout the region
About Mercer Digital
Mercer Digital is the only Workday partner with comprehensive Workday solution options across advisory, design, deployment and optimization through change management. Mercer has the specialized Workday knowledge and skills to tackle any challenge to help clients optimize their Workday system. We give Workday users complete transparency into every step, every twist and turn, every development of the implementation process, with unwavering commitment from gifted, extremely talented people — people dedicated not just to implementing Workday, but to transforming each client’s business in a very real and sustainable way. We have a fast paced, collaborative environment where creative, brilliant minds come together to solve business problems using next generation technologies. If you want to be part of the extraordinary Workday journey, please apply and join us!