Consultant - Complex Liability Claims Consulting
Location: Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Secondary Locations: Cleveland,Ohio,United States;
Company: MarshJob ID R_061256-en Apply
Marsh Risk Consulting (MRC) offers a depth of expertise and services across a full range of mass tort and complex liability issues, including insurance archeology, policy analysis and mapping, electronic database solutions, allocation modeling, negotiations with insurers, and claims and payment tracking. MRC Complex Liability Claims consulting is currently seeking a consultant to join the practice.
This consultant will be responsible for implanting strategic plans to optimize clients’ insurance recovery for mass tort and other potentially high dollar value claims for corporate clients. Requires an understanding of basic insurance concepts and legal pleadings (Summons and Complaint). The candidate must be able to work efficiently in Word and Excel and must be able to follow established protocols and use systems to organize and track information. The candidate must be creative in identifying solutions to improve processes and eager to learn.
- Attention to detail, organization and meeting deadlines
- Analytical problem solving along with strong verbal and written skills
- Conduct research via the internet and other applicable sources; investigation skills are required
- Ability to work independently within a corporate environment
- Reviewing and recording information about claims filed
- Researching financial parent companies and determining insurers financial solvency of legacy insurers
- Setting up email and letter claim notifications and ensuring that insurers have received notices
- Reviewing insurer correspondence and highlighting material issues for the senior managing consultant and the client
- Understanding and analyzing basic coverage issues relative to commercial general liability and excess liability insurance policies
- Organizing information relative to litigation costs across multiple claims
- Communicating with insurers and clients to provide coverage, claims and litigation cost information and to respond to questions
- Actively uncovers concerns or issues that may be unclear
- Respects and maintains client confidentiality
- 3-5+ years of relevant experience at a law firm, insurer, or third party administrator
- Experience in long tail and emerging coverage issues a plus
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail
- Follow established protocols and use systems to organize and track information
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel) and company sanctioned software and systems, as well as relevant use of Internet
- Proficient in English language (speaking, reading and writing)
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.